cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Local phonecalls

ntang747
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! 

I'm a new user with Public Mobile, and had some technical problems when making local outgoing calls to my friends/family. I'm around the BC area in Canada, and have unlimited Canada-wide Talk/text.

I noticed that whenever I try calling my friends, I get a message tone stating that the call I'm making is a long distance call (even though it's not), and that my plan does not cover it and would need to make a long distance add-on, which doesn't make total sense.

I'm not entirely sure if the area code -- (+1) in Canada -- has effect to this issue as well; I've tried calling my friends on multiple incidences, and would have that message pop up on a local call. And when I try removing the area code, I'd still need to try multiple times before my call goes through.

Just wondering if anyone is encountering the same issue, and would like to know how you guys fixed that problem. Thanks!  

3 REPLIES 3

You can still make a local call with the one in front of it it doesn't make any difference all your minutes are canada-wide anyhow.

ntang747
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a shot. I guess I'll have to do that often when making a call then, removing the +1 when making local calls. Better than nothing anyway. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Adding the 1 or +1 before the 10 digit phone number should remove that message, but even if it doesn't you can wait till the message is done and your call should go though automatically - I just wait till it's done telling me the message and my calls go though no problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.