cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orlando Florida

tngu2701
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am going to Orlando, Florida next week. Will my mobile work there? I have a Huawei Honor 8 phone with a 15$ plan and I got the free 500int minutes the last December. Thanks for your help.

Thanh Tri Nguyen.

6 REPLIES 6

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've seen many times people expecting international free minutes to work when outside of Canada (roaming) and I cannot understand that. You got 500 free minutes and when you are roaming, price per min is more than 1$ (like Telus is charging 1.60$ per min for roaming in USA). So, do you really expect Public Mobile to give you for free 800$ worth at least (in some other countries probably price per min is even higher)? Just use logic and think if that makes any sense.. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tngu2701 

Yes, your Huawei device will work in the US.

No, public mobile service will not without US roaming add-ons.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tngu2701 

The 500 international minutes only works if you are calling from Canada.

You will need to purchase USA Roaming plan to call, text or have data from Florida to anywhere in USA and Canada.

Also you can download the WhatsApp or TextNow app for free calling and texting through wifi.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@tngu2701  Sign in to self serve and go to plan add on tab to pick the right US roaming add on , that best for you 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1677002050741.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tngu2701  Your 500 mins from Dec is only for calling FROM Canada to other country

To use your service in US, you need to buy one of those Roaming add-on.  Roaming Data should work without issue. But roaming voice might not work that well as it uses T-Mobile 2G network, old and unreliable. 

you might want to consider getting local data prepaid and free VoIP app like TextNow to make calls 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@tngu2701  You need a US roaming add on for your phone to work in the US the free international mins you got are for making calls abroad while in Canada 

Need Help? Let's chat.