cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order tracking

shahryarzadsale
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I bought a SIM card 3 weeks ago, but I have not received it yet What should I do?

11 REPLIES 11

I am sure they would admit that when it comes to timeliness in this area, they are probably a little behind the 8 ball. Just give it to me straight, that is what I would prefer. No need to beat around the bush especially if it is going to end up being detrimental to the person wanting to know the best option.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

PM is great for a million reasons, but they are not perfect, nor should they be since it is a no frills tier service. This is one of a few areas where there is room for much improvement. So not sure why we can't be honest about that? There are alternatives out there and it actually may improve their business in the long run because people won't start out with a sour taste in their mouth when trying to activate for the first time. This is supposed to be a forum to get solutions to issues...I would prefer people don't sugarcoat things and just be honest so that they can proceed in the most stress free, seamless avenue as possible

JL9
Mayor / Maire

10 days is still wayyyy too long. I mean for some they may not need it in a timely fashion and/or don't really care and that is fine, to each their own. I ordered it on the CCS website and it shipped to me in 3 days, not to mention 70% cheaper. 

Most ppl want it asap - according to the community no one seems to be getting it in 10 days now in fact ppl aren't even posting until they are over 2 weeks and in some case 3 weeks from ordering with nothing to show for it. So it seems to be just getting worse and worse, I wouldn't find that time frame acceptable nor would I want to deal with the headache, and if they can't rectify that issue there are many headache free alternatives to go with when it comes to something as simple as getting a sim card.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 wrote:

First of all you should never order from PM again if you need a sim card, there are plenty of other options that are not just faster, but much cheaper too

A bit harsh perhaps @JL9  😆

I purchased a SIM card with Public Mobile before, it took 10 days to arrive. Seems fine to me.

Anything can happen with any letter post or tracking shipping parcels items. Public Mobile generally sends more SIMs via regular letter post; where the recipients are at the mercy of the post system.

Of course, this can vary by your area, be it urban, rural, remote, etc.

@Ali03 wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

First of all you should never order from PM again if you need a sim card, there are plenty of other options that are not just faster, but much cheaper too

Not nice to say on provider forum.

Better to suggest alternative and not be negative to PM.

and PM ok with this "solution"?  LoL

Ali03
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JL9 wrote:

Not nice to say on provider forum.

Better to suggest alternative and not be negative to PM.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @shahryarzadsale   If you need one for activation, check local store and ask them if they can give you free SIM if you activate there

Walmart is giving free SIM if you activate your Plan there. Confirmed!

Then if PM's SIM ever arrives it can be kept as spare, sold or gifted.

HI @Meow   PM always sends PM slow, really no excuse why it takes 3 weeks.  🤣

HI @shahryarzadsale   If you need one for activation, check local store and ask them if they can give you free SIM if you activate there

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It takes a long time these days to receive any mail, particularly packages. Since it is most likely sent by regular mail, I doubt there is a tracking number but PM should have order number in their system.

You can open a ticket with PM to inquire how long you should wait until they do something for you (send another SIM?)

To contact CSA, there are 2 methods:

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with CSA). Click Chatbot - Ticket and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented.

- Second method is provided by softech

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shahryarzadsale   Yes, ordering SIM from PM could take as many as 3 weeks.  So, it should be coming in the next couple days. 

To confirm, please message PM Support and ask for status update.  Just provide them your order number and they will help.  Please message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.