cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order US Data

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I'm in states. Addon already 3/4 used. Can I call the 1_855-4PUBLIC number though I don't have US talk to get more data when I run out? I have no wifi here.
10 REPLIES 10

KK
When I dialed *611 I got through to an error message. The difficulty I had was that when I neared end of my data.....I couldn't use it up. I tried downloading apps, watching video, etc. Those activities just did not work....at all. My internet access kept cycling where would work and then not. I really wanted to buy another 1G plan.... But it wasn't an option, I think because it was still showing on my account? So finally, I was forced to buy a lower value plan. Interestingly, I just got my 75% warning but my account only shows 50%. It kind of put a damper on my trip. It would have been less hassle to buy a SIM which is what I normally do. I think they will get bugs worked out eventually but beware there are still some wrinkles. (Fyi, had no access in Grand Canyon though there was cell service there. Las Vegas great except weird glitch when near end of your data pack)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm actually in the US currently as well, with talk+text us roaming bundle plus a 1gb us roaming data add-on. I just tried calling *611 out of curiosity and it did go through to the PM automated system. I tried going into the purchase add-on area but when I tried to select us roaming add ons from the menu, it just said it didn't get my selection even though I pressed the right key (3). It might be because I currently have all 3 services active and can't add another one anyway, or it might be that it just doesn't work over 611 from the US. Unfortunately I can't test the latter as I will be back in Canada before my roaming add-ons expire.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I know but that's how the system work I think they should fix that so users can buy extended at the same time without having hassle and issues
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

KK
So far Starbucks hasn't had wifi (Las Vegas) but it turns out the express SDX on the strip does!!! Too bad you can't prebuy extra data without killing off existing remaining data on US add on. 😞

As other mentioned best option for you if you do have a online login find a WiFi like McDonald or something and logon self serve and add extra add on that's the only available option you have
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Watoko wrote:

The only options I can think of are either using your existing data to quickly make a purchase, or drop by a local coffee shop or McDonalds for Wifi if that is convenient for you.

I don't believe you can purchase another of the same addon while your current addon is still active.  So the only option would be wifi.  Though I thought I remembered seeing a thread where somebody was in the US and was able to call 611.  I am perfectly willing to believe that I am wrong on that though 🙂

as a last resort, you can quickly pick up a pre-paid SIM card from a US cell provider, and get a temp US number, if you have almost no access to internet or data, but a lot of coffee shops have wifi down there so if you need a PM add on, i would recommend a McDonalds or a Starbucks

Watoko

Thanks for confirming! Good to know!

You won't be serviced if you are not a legacy customer. So it seems neither phone options will work for you. The only options I can think of are either using your existing data to quickly make a purchase, or drop by a local coffee shop or McDonalds for Wifi if that is convenient for you.

I wonder if anyone else here on the forums can think of anything else..

KK
As far as I know *611 doesn't work in US. And I am not a legacy. 🙂

Watoko

Are you a legacy plan holder? That number is only for those users. It should work as it is toll free, but I'm not sure as I've never been in this situation.

Alternatively you can try dialing *611 from your phone. You can purchase an add-on that way as well.

You can also drop by a local Starbucks or any other coffee shop and use their Wifi as a last resort if none of the above options work.

Need Help? Let's chat.