cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order New SIM card online on 23 April 2020 but not delivered yet

gyanendra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI Team,

I have ordered the new public mobile sim card on 23rd April 2020, and I got confirmation email as well for it, but 10 working days is already Passed, but I didn't received my SIM card till day.

So would it be possible to cancel this order and get the amount refund ?

Order No : 197030

Thanks

Gyanendra

21 REPLIES 21

@JacqueQ wrote:

It was sent Canada Post xpresspost, and when I checked the tracking #, I found out it was mailed on May 2nd, not April 17th as the original email stated. I was prepared to give it until the end of the week before inquiring as to its whereabouts.  I shan’t complain though.  It’s up and working, so I’m good.

Public Mobile may have actually sent it on April 17th. If there is a backlog or any type of delay, it's possible that Canada Post did not get around to sorting this shipment until May 2nd. That doesn't mean that Public Mobile waited until May 2nd (they might have but I can't say for sure without seeing the tracking history). Public Mobile doesn't have someone take each sim card to a retail post office and scan each and every package in. 

JacqueQ

It was sent Canada Post xpresspost, and when I checked the tracking #, I found out it was mailed on May 2nd, not April 17th as the original email stated. I was prepared to give it until the end of the week before inquiring as to its whereabouts.  I shan’t complain though.  It’s up and working, so I’m good.

@JacqueQ wrote:

Hi,

Just as an FYI, I ordered my sim on April 16 and just received it today (May 5th).  This made me question whether or not I should proceed with switching, but I did.  Ported my number By setting up the account with the sim, and finished doing that around 7 my time.  Less than 2 hours later, text, data and voice are working fine.  

Patience can sometimes be it’s own reward. 

The delay may or may not have been Public Mobile's doing. I sent somethign with tracking from Toronto to Montreal and it took 5 business days when it should have taken 1 (that's exactly one week). I also sent something that should have taken 2 business days take 11 business days to arrive (that's nearly 2 full weeks late). So, your reported shipping time doesn't surprise me. 

JacqueQ

Hi,

Just as an FYI, I ordered my sim on April 16 and just received it today (May 5th).  This made me question whether or not I should proceed with switching, but I did.  Ported my number by setting up the account with the sim, and finished doing that around 7 pm my time.  Less than 2 hours later, text, data and voice are working fine.  

Patience can sometimes be its own reward. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous  in thread below from today.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-have-not-received-my-triple-punch-SIM-card-order-197407/m-p/538593#M110698

His sim card was shipped from BC as well. Maple Ridge BC  item 197407.

Same location as this OP. On tracking number provided. But still the part where OP says it has not been received by Canada Post when they track and when I track or you it shows April 10th. Who knows but both went to Maple Ridge, BC.

Maybe due to Covid19 they changed shipping differently? Or have other locations that they ship from based on destination?

I've mentioned a few times that Public Mobile does not always use Canada Post Xpresspost.  Sometimes, sim cards are sent by untrackable Canada Post Lettermail. 

As for matches that might not make sense in Canada Post tracking results, those reference numbers are so short and generic that any company could be using them. If you click on the tracking result details tab, it will actually say that the shipment is from Telus.  If it doesnt' say that, the tracking results aren't for the sim card shipment.

@Naepalm wrote:

en taking some time, another note is that public Mobile sends it from your closest store, so that store might have reduced hours. Recently people have not been getting their SIm cards for a few weeks. 

All corporoately-owned Public Mobile locations are currently closed.

In any event, Public Mobile doesn't send sim cards from stores.  They're sent from a central warehouse/office.

Vineetbutola

mail from Canada post are getting delayed due to COVID19 give another week or so, I got mine last week after 2 weeks and it's worth waiting. 

Thanks @Jb456 

@kselmak  it is against public mobile forum rules to post referral codes and solicit. Please edit your post by clicking the 3 dots on the right of post 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous  in thread below from today.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-have-not-received-my-triple-punch-SIM-card-order-197407/m-p/538593#M110698

His sim card was shipped from BC as well. Maple Ridge BC  item 197407.

Same location as this OP. On tracking number provided. But still the part where OP says it has not been received by Canada Post when they track and when I track or you it shows April 10th. Who knows but both went to Maple Ridge, BC.

Maybe due to Covid19 they changed shipping differently? Or have other locations that they ship from based on destination?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra wrote:

HI Team,

I have ordered the new public mobile sim card on 23rd April 2020, and I got confirmation email as well for it, but 10 working days is already Passed, but I didn't received my SIM card till day.

So would it be possible to cancel this order and get the amount refund ?

Order No : 197030

Thanks

Gyanendra

Canada Post has been taking some time, another note is that public Mobile sends it from your closest store, so that store might have reduced hours. Recently people have not been getting their SIm cards for a few weeks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@gyanendra using the order number isn't an accurate way of tracking the package. 

In as far as being able to track anything sure. But it mostly works.

In addition to Jb456's sleuthing...that order number seems to have originated in Surrey. I would think SIM's would originate from Toronto.

If you didn't buy it from Public Mobile then you'll need to talk to the seller.

@gyanendra using the order number isn't an accurate way of tracking the package. 

@gyanendra  Can you double check order number that you posted? 

You gave us 197030 and mentioned that Canada Post did not receive it yet. But when I put the order number in it shows in their system.

Thanks

gyanendra

This is something else ordered by someone else with same tracking no., because it was delivered on 20 April and I ordered on 23rd April, 

gyanendra

Seems like Canada Post has not received this shipment yet, I checked this by putting order no. as tracking no. there is no record found related to my order.

Canada Post says it was delivered and that someone signed for it. I blocked last name...you can track on Canada Post and get full last name if you need. So someone has the sim card since April 20th.

Are you sure you did not order before the 23rd?? Because this order number says April 10th it was submitted to Canada Post.

Screenshot_20200505_114715.jpg

Screenshot_20200505_114217.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra it's taking a little longer to get them. Have you tried tracking your order some of the times the powder number is your  Canda post tracking number. If it doesn't come my Thursday. Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Use this private message link to contact them directly 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra What do Canada Post delivery details say? Post is slow nowadays. If you didn't receive it, contact mods by clicking on ? on bottom right of the page and follow directions. They may help.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra I don't think you can get a refund if you cancel, the order is already on its way. give it till the end of the week to arrive. 

you can also contact customer rep support here, click on the link below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.