cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 will not connect to data

Talia67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help! 

My whole family joined Public Mobile in December and we are loving it! Unfortunately,  my daughter, who has the same phone as me, a samsung S7,  has lost data. It was working fine, and then just decided to drop her. She has not used all her data, in fact, she hardly uses any. We went through the steps to add APN, but it tells her to sign into Public Mobile, but it won't give her access to the page. It just gives her possible reasons for not being able to use her internet. She gets the notification from the Android system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Natalia

7 REPLIES 7

@Talia67 wrote:

@gblackma Did that. All settings are fine....same as my phone.  I'm stumped! Although, it was showing me data usage about 15 minutes, now it isn't....so maybe her data is gone? 

@Talia67 If the data counter on the landing page when accessing selfserve is not showing up it means that all the data was used up.

@Talia67 wrote:

Please help! 

My whole family joined Public Mobile in December and we are loving it! Unfortunately,  my daughter, who has the same phone as me, a samsung S7,  has lost data. It was working fine, and then just decided to drop her. She has not used all her data, in fact, she hardly uses any. We went through the steps to add APN, but it tells her to sign into Public Mobile, but it won't give her access to the page. It just gives her possible reasons for not being able to use her internet. She gets the notification from the Android system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Natalia

That generic message that you see about account being suspended or suspicious activity and other possible reasons shows when you are either out of data or if there is no data plan on your account. The sign into the network message is also a symptom of that.

Talia67

Great idea! I will try that. Thanks!

@Talia67  Swop your SIM with your daughters. If it works, then she is out of data. Then you should look at data preservation. Set to update only if on WiFi, check data usage to see which apps are the greatest culprits. Its usually the ones used the most, ie facebook etc. And stop apps from running in the background.

@Talia67 wrote:

@gblackma Did that. All settings are fine....same as my phone.  I'm stumped! Although, it was showing me data usage about 15 minutes, now it isn't....so maybe her data is gone? 

Talia67

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Talia67  try swopping your s7 sim with your daughters. Thats a good way to see if its a apn setting prbonlem, and if there is data. Check the apn settings against these ones https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Umidigi-F1-Play-Compatability/m-p/401...

@Talia67 wrote:

Please help! 

Natalia

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you please log into her self serve and confirm how much data is left

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.