cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to pickup sim, but can't complete registration and debit visa not accepted?

NickNam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So when I go to register and pick a plan the info"i" button says have it delivered or choose to pick it up in store.  However, there's no way to pick the sim and choose to pickup in store, so you can't benefit from the free sim.  Am I missing something, or is it just setup that way, so I pick already have a sim and just go buy one?

Also, are there limitations to the payment method?  I have an exchange student and they have a visa bank card but it's not accepting it as a payment method.

p.s. shipping is too long to wait, thus the reason to pickup in store.  

Thanks for any info.

4 REPLIES 4

NickNam

Thanks, I think I clicked the wrong button but wasn't sure how to fix it.

self solution removed

NickNam

OK, it's a Visa Bank Card, but it's international.

We were going to try the esim, although I haven't read many good results with an international phone, so we shall see.

thanks

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@NickNam 

To get the free SIM card, it needs to be mailed.  It can take up to 10 business days to arrive.  Is your student phone eSIM compatible?  Another option is Amazon which charges $4.99 with prime shipping. 

The VISA card needs to be either from Canadian or US bank.  Not international.  Visa debit (bank) card will work with Public mobile.  

Need Help? Let's chat.