cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once your data is used up for the month does it cut off or do you get charged if you go over?

CPatten
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The phone is for my daughter and I'm afraid that she will go over on the data and we will get charged overages. Do the data cut off once it's used up?

5 REPLIES 5

The only way to get more data prior to the next plan renewal is to buy a data add-on like the 2Gb of data they have offered for free just yesterday.

AE_Collector

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@CPatten wrote:

The phone is for my daughter and I'm afraid that she will go over on the data and we will get charged overages. Do the data cut off once it's used up?

Public Mobile is all prepaid. You pay ahead of time. There are never ever any overage charges. Data cuts off once you have used it up for the cycle and resets at renewal. You can always but a data add on that rolls over each cycle until used up.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@CPatten wrote:

@CPatten hi yes your data will stop- working there are no overage charges here, you can purchase an add on if needed

Lanalicious
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Each month that passes in a 30 day plan. It then goes back to 0. For instance. 5gb data plan with unlimited calls and free voice mail and what not every month it goes back to 0. Hope this helps.

jpb103
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your best bet is to use the phone settings to set a hard cutoff on data. How you get there is different depending on your phone's OS. If it's an android phone, you can get there from:
Settings ->Connections -> Data Usage -> Billing cycle and data warning -> Set data limit

Need Help? Let's chat.