cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old provider cancellation

Brandon87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New to public mobile. Old provider was BELL. Was wondering during the number change process does public mobile automatically cancel my account with bell or do I have to call Bell myself and tell them? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

@cnlau101 wrote:

My old provider was Virgin Mobile. will they automatically cancel my account with them after the number was successfully transferred to Public Mobile?

Once your old VM number is successfully ported to Public Mobile...that VM account is closed automatically.

Welcome to PM.

cnlau101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old provider was Virgin Mobile. will they automatically cancel my account with them after the number was successfully transferred to Public Mobile?

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

old bell customer once you port your number your done thats all you have to do

dude65

Welcome to PM!

Just to add, if you are coming from a different prepaid provider, make sure the account will be active until the the porting is done..

kelvarnsen

Also be aware that as soon as you cancel Bell will probably call you and try to get you to come back with deals and offers that are way way better than anything they offered you when you were already a customer.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Brandon87 , just to be clear, the line that contains the number involved in the porting is closed.  If the account has other lines or services, it will remain open, less one line.  If the account has only that single line, it will close eventually after final settlement.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Brandon87 wrote:

New to public mobile. Old provider was BELL. Was wondering during the number change process does public mobile automatically cancel my account with bell or do I have to call Bell myself and tell them? Thanks

Brandon,

You an I both brother, I just moved away from Bell last week. I found out the answer to this the hard way. Sitting on the phone with Bell for an hour to find out as soon as you port your number it automatically cancels with the previous provider. As soon as you Port your number BELL's service is cancelled. You do not have to call anyone. 🙂 just wave good by from your front porch and give Bell a nice hand gesture. LOL. 🤣

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 10.12.40 PM.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

During the porting (transfer) process your account with Bell will  be automatically closed.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Brandon87 hi if you ported a number it cancels your old account but it doesn't hurt to check in a few days

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Brandon87  When you port your number in from bell it automatically cancels your bell account. Bell will send you a final bill if it was a postpaid account that will be prorated depending on how many billing days you were into your monthly bill. So you may be issued a refund.

Need Help? Let's chat.