cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old phone number tranfer

Tang64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there anyway possible to actually speak with someone  on the phone. I am trying to keep my old phone number from my pervious plan and can't. I have had our IT guy at work try to figure this out and we have had no luck. He has sent in a ticket request and has not heard anything back. If I had know it would be this hard I would have stayed with my old service provider!

5 REPLIES 5

@Tang64   The YES has to be sent within 90 minutes of receipt.  After that it can take a while for the number to switch over.  Best to call the number @Sansan  sent you since re-initiating the port is something they can do.  For general Public Mobile support it is all online either via the chatbot (icon bottom right) or private message, the phone number is only for specific porting issues.

I assume you have put the PM sim in and restarted the phone but it still didn't work?   Otherwise you need to have the Virgin sim in to get the text message again and make sure to reply right away.

Please note that we are customers like you. We do not have access to information, but we can advise you. I'll send you another message with a phone number to contact to request port again. But you have to put back your old sim into your phone that account has to be active. Provide them with the account number.

Delete your contact info by editing your post.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately there is no phone number to speak with anyone at Public. Everything is done online by you. If you need assistance you can submit a ticket at the lower right of your screen or app which you have indicated you already did. If so, just have to wait for their reply.

Tang64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't send the YES soon enough I guess. It did look like it was working then the next day it went to a Public Mobile number. My Virgin account is 543152640  the number I would like transferred is 902-698-5269. can you get this done on your end?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tang64   What exactly happened when you selected transfer number during or after activation?  Did you get any kind of message saying the number couldn't be transferred?  Usually all you do is select transfer a number, enter the account number for the old provider, leave your old provider sim in the phone to receive their authorization text, reply YES to the old provider text.  Wait until that sim stops working and then insert your PM sim and shortly the service should be working.  It's a bit more complicated for esim, do you have esim or physical sim?  It would help to know where things are going wrong.

Need Help? Let's chat.