cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old dollar rewards vs New points rewards……your thoughts and impact on your referrals 😀😀😀

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

While I preferred the old program and paid zero for each of my 3 accounts, lots has changed. No more $15 3G accounts. And I now have to pay on each account due to the $2 autopay reward and the $5 loyalty rewards. Those 2 were so easy.  And since the change I no longer work on building my referrals. 

So my question is:

Has the reorganization and hard work that PM has done with plans and rewards program shown a positive or negative impact on customer retention? And your referrals?

3 REPLIES 3

@SeniorCitizen wrote:

While I preferred the old program and paid zero for each of my 3 accounts, lots has changed. No more $15 3G accounts. And I now have to pay on each account due to the $2 autopay reward and the $5 loyalty rewards. Those 2 were so easy.  And since the change I no longer work on building my referrals. 

So my question is:

Has the reorganization and hard work that PM has done with plans and rewards program shown a positive or negative impact on customer retention? And your referrals?

From personal experience, I can safely say that the amount of referrals losts since the change to points, especially those of customers were on the old rewards system, has been extremely high.  As for new referrals, those have been very diffficult to attain for years.  I've found that around 2019 to 2020, referring people was easy, but over the years, it has now become very difficult.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SeniorCitizen 

everyone loves the old plan. 

But think back, PM has changed to Rewards Points for two years before moving us  (those on the old legacy) to the new points system.  So, many of the subscribers are already on the new points system..  Similarly or the referring friends, I have been used to refer friends on new system for 2 years,  so, it makes no difference to me.  My friends, who have no experience with legacy system , actually love the points system.  The 5% discount to them is much much better than no discount on Chatr and Lucky which pretty much charge the same price with identical plans 

and in fact, with PM having 5G and lots of Canada-US plans, I can bring some friends from Lucky and Chatr over easily

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Honestly, pretty much all my referrals are all on the new program anyways so they weren't affected. My bill would usually be $8 a month but now $15. So still zero so I still have no complaints. 

Need Help? Let's chat.