cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer from 5213

Paulmobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a text message from 5213 stating:

"Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 10GB of data at 4G speeds of up to 100mbps for only $29/month.

Reply YES to get this limited time offer added to your account and will take effect on your next renewal date.

Hurry, offer ends January 14, 2024."

I just wanted to confirm if this is a legit offer from PM or a scam? It seems like a good offer and I'm considering it, if this is a real offer.

Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24

Nicollo

I received a response to my support ticket and a customer representative said that we will be keeping our current Old Rewards system even after switching plans. It appears the only way to use the new Points system is to manually select/opt-in via the My Accounts webpage. 

After some thinking I've decided to opt-in to their 10GB promo - I seem to be needing a bit of data at the end of each month so this should help me out haha. Cheers! 

Nicollo_0-1705200548949.png

Macleaner

I got same text. I'd say it's legitimate 

SandyC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to know this too

Scott13s

Wow. I’ve not seen those plans.  I’ll have to keep watching. Thanks 

Yes im now on the 50GB for $34 plan 

@Scott13s  it was Black Friday promo for new and existing customers 

Scott13s

@Handy1 how did you get the $35 40gb plan? I would love that!

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hello @Paulmobile 

Read this link. I posted it earlier.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/29-10GB-4G-offers-via-text-messa/m-p/11285...

It's a funny offer to me but it is legit.

They probably had you picked out for special offer and you did a plan change that kind of got in the way.  

@Handy1 wrote:

@SandyC  Yes I can confirm I change plan often and never lose my old rewards 

Handy1_0-1705113823350.jpeg

Rewards are tied to your account not your plan 

Weren't you switched over to the $34/50GB plan?

Spoiler

Spoiler

@SandyC wrote:

Wow you have 69 referral dollars! Congrats lol

Chest thumping!  Some speak softer while carrying a much bigger stick, right @computergeek541 .  🤣

Nicollo

woah that's nuts, your refer-a-friend amount is so high! does that mean Public Mobile owes you money each month, how does that work? 🤔🤣

SandyC

Thanks for this! Yes pls report back

Nicollo

You will have to go to this webpage -> https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help and click on the button that says "Start a chat" (under the "Chat with us" heading). 

You will talk to a bot who will confirm your account. Afterwards you can type "talk to representative" and it'll send you another link to submit a ticket. After submitting one, they will message you privately in response to your request. 

Based on what other people are saying in the forum, it looks like switching plans by responding to "YES" will not kick you out of your Old Rewards as they are tied to your account. I'm still debating about making the switch though - but if I do, I'll report back to do another confirmation! 

SandyC

Thank you I’ll try your link instead. And thanks for answering 

SandyC

Ohhhhh I see. Still v impressive

@SandyC  here’s how use this direct link 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@SandyC  It’s actually only 23 that’s from comming off a 90 day plans so rewards show x3 easy way to spot things that loyalty maxes out at $5 and that screen  shot shows $15 for loyalty 

SandyC

How were you able to send a ticket to support to ask this? I keep getting an error message when I try or 404 error. Sighhh

would you please let us know their response? 

SandyC

Wow you have 69 referral dollars! Congrats lol

@SandyC  Yes I can confirm I change plan often and never lose my old rewards 

Handy1_0-1705113823350.jpeg

Rewards are tied to your account not your plan 

SandyC

Im just wondering if you got confirmation that this won’t it is out of the old rewards system? 

@Nicollo  Don’t blame ya better be safe then sorry . But yes rewards are tied to your account not your plan , I change plans often and always keep my rewards . And congratulations on your offer 🙂

Nicollo

I also received this offer via text and wanted to check if it would kick me out of the Old Rewards system if I decided to respond with "YES." Glad to hear that it doesn't - but I sent to a support ticket to double-check as well 👀

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Paulmobile 

Read this link. I posted it earlier.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/29-10GB-4G-offers-via-text-messa/m-p/11285...

It's a funny offer to me but it is legit.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Paulmobile  Yes this is legit offer congratulations your one of the lucky ones to get offer just reply YES and it will change on your renewal date and won’t effect your rewards either and the plan won’t expire until you decide to change it 

Need Help? Let's chat.