cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd format for missed probably junk calls

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was just curious if anyone else is seeing these, with this odd spacing despite proper number of digits? It's not the plus sign, I have another with a plus sign but it shows legit normal spacing with dashes... 

Wish there was a way to tell if these are spoofing local numbers. Fairly recent development in the last couple weeks. But like I said it's not my device as I still have former calls with a plus and proper spacing... These are the same, different odd spacing

Just curious if anyone knew what this means. Googling brings up nothing, or if you add the 1 in front, Japanese symbols which is why I know they're probably junk.

Has anyone else been getting them ?

Screenshot_20221214-233032_Contacts~01.jpg

Screenshot_20221214-233038_Contacts~01.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Pawprints1986

Got a 3rd this morning, same no message. Definitely a thing now... Only thing I've yet to see is the actual on screen number during the call, if it's all weird on that screen too. Can't even call back from my backup TextNow number to see where it goes out of curiosity. It's just gonna call some unsuspecting actual Canadian instead 😕

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Very likely to be spam and they've mangled the caller ID and set it up improperly.

Pawprints1986

But the odd thing is, if you "unscramble" it,  and taking away the plus sign the top one becomes 519-959-7942 which is a perfectly Canadian number... With 51 as a country code, the rest is too short 🤔

Interestingly neither left a message either I don't think. Got a junk call from "amazon" recently too, apparently I was trying to buy $700 worth of stuff. Looked at my actual account and everything was fine lol

Definitely increased random missed calls lately. But not bad enough to change my number, I've had the same number since I had a cell

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pawprints1986 51 is Peru country code but that is not a Peru number:)

many of these Spam calls are from offshore, they might not even know our phone number format much anyway.  Their system still using their format Instead of ours

Need Help? Let's chat.