cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfers

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, me again……I have found a compatible phone, and now mom wants to know if she can transfer her home phone number……I don’t think she can, but just want to confirm.  Thank you again!

31 REPLIES 31

@TessieBoo  oh lala..  Welcome to the PM party finally...

trust me .. your 91 years old mom probably surprise you and more tech than you are and pick up the new gadget in no time...

🙂

TessieBoo

Hey everyone!

I want to thank you all for all your kind help!  I guess PM finished the porting because all of a sudden I was able to change it to 3G, and I can now make calls, and receive calls.  Now I just have to set up the voicemail, and go on to the hard part of teaching mom how to use this device.  She's pretty sharp for a 91 year old, and I'm sure she'll be fine. 

Thanks again!  HUGS to all!

@TessieBoo   do you have another phone to test the PM SIM itself?? 

Also, sounds like Cogeco passed the line to PM, but did they confirm why did they do so?? Today?  Did you call PM porting team and confirm the porting  completed??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo : Odd that you can't change it. That's what the problem is though. This place doesn't do GSM 2G. Are you sure there's nothing to change? Are you able to change which network it's connecting to? Like is it connected to Rogers or Fido or Chatr at the moment? Obviously you'd want it to connect to Public Mobile.

It's why I asked if it worked before the porting. This is a different problem unrelated to porting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo 

at public mobile not support 2G...

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

do you can try to tast your SIM card in another device...

TessieBoo

@Anonymous 

Well, it's supposed to be 4G, but it's on 2G and I can't change it.  Perhaps that's because the network isn't active....I don't know.  Anyway, I'll wait for the moderator to answer me, and perhaps call Cogeco back and hope I get someone that can actually help me and finish their end of things.....send me that email, or text me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo : If I found the same one then it also has GSM. See if you can find a setting that says what kind of network it's connecting to. It might have a descending list from 4G to 3G to 2G. If there's a 3G only then that would be good. But don't use 2G.

TessieBoo

@Anonymous 

It is a tianhoo phone and according to the description in the ad on Amazon, it is definitely compatible with Public Mobile. And it is 4G.

I thought if I took the back off and removed the SIM card, that might help.  BUT, I broke the darned adapter thing that makes it fit in this phone.  Will look for my SIM card package and use the one that is there - my phone took the mini one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes, I know that we are all the same in this community.  

I didn't follow your advice as Cogeco assured me that there would be no problem in porting the landline to Public Mobile.  Guess they were wrong.

I have now contacted customer support.

Thank you for your reply.

@TessieBoo 

your welcome
and i hope them will fix it for you as soon as possible
to you enjoy your service with PM....

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo : Ok. Then let's back up. What make/model/submodel phone is it? Can you find the networks that it can connect to? ie. 3G or 4G (or GSM but we don't want that)

TessieBoo

@Anonymous 

Yes, I know that we are all the same in this community.  

I didn't follow your advice as Cogeco assured me that there would be no problem in porting the landline to Public Mobile.  Guess they were wrong.

I have now contacted customer support.

Thank you for your reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo 

all in here community site they are same me and you customer no one can can help you...

as i say to you before at my original post and read

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

do you !!

TessieBoo

Yes, the account shows "Active"

TessieBoo

@Anonymous   

No, nothing was working before.  I don't even know if the port finished because I was expecting an e mail or something from COGECO to confirm the porting of the number, and I didn't receive anything from them.  The fellow said that everything had been sent to Public Mobile, and it was up to them to finish the porting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo : Did anything work before the port finished? Does the account show as active in the self-serve?

TessieBoo

Turned phone off, and restarted it....tried calling someone and got a message saying that the mobile network is not available.

TessieBoo

Thank you....will try restarting the phone now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo : Have you now restarted the phone again? Or tested it? Possibly even just airplane mode toggle.

TessieBoo

Just got off the phone with COGECO......they tell me that the number has been ported, and it's now up to Public Mobile.  

TessieBoo

Hi again community....

Ok..............Cogeco disconnected mom's phone this morning.  I've been waiting for an email or text, but so far, nothing yet.  I think they may have texted the information to mom's cell, but I can't retrieve it because the account hasn't been activated yet.  Why do I think this?  Because after her phone went dead, somehow or other they called and it was some kind of a recorded message from Cogeco, and she didn't understand anything about the call.  Soooo, can anyone advise me what I should do now?  Thank you!

TessieBoo

@esjliv 

Thank you so much for the information!  I will make sure I don’t cancel her home phone until I know that her cell is working properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo 

open all link i send to in my OP and read them all, they say this,

• The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.
  • If you don’t want to wait, you can select a new number when activating, and transfer your old number later.
  • If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact our Customer Support Agents. Since you’re new to Public Mobile, this will be a 2-step process:
    • First, create a Community account here by selecting ‘Sign In’, then ‘New User? Register here.”
    • Then, start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon to submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents by clicking here link.

TessieBoo

@computergeek541 

Again, thank you so much!  As I said earlier, I don’t care how long it takes, as long as I can do it.  I’ll just take my time, and make sure I fill everything in correctly.

TessieBoo,

It'll be fine then.

TessieBoo

Thank you.  Yes, Public Mobile offers phone numbers for the same city - I live in the same city as my mom - actually a small town.  Presently, she is with COGECO.  I guess all I can do is try.

@TessieBoo 

As from the others, you generally can, but no one can say with absolute certainty without know the city of the phone nunber. Public Mobile would only be able to complete such a transfer if they also normally offer phone numbers for the same city.

TessieBoo

She has VOIP. I’ve never seen a SIM card.  I read elsewhere here (after I submitted my question) that you can do it…..so, hopefully it will work.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo : I would suspect your Mom has an old time copper real landline home phone. So there won't be any SMS to respond to. But...maybe she has one of those new-fangled wireless home phones that have a SIM. But it still might not receive texts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TessieBoo 

yes you can transfer old number,

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number Click Here link 

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click Here link  

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click Here link 

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TessieBoo , home phone number transfers are possible.  The process can take a lot longer compared to wireless number porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.