cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer system is flawed

nanaroo_17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to make the switch to PM yesterday evening and do the number transfer as instructed on their help page. The problem is that the number transfer is approved by sending a text to the number I want to transfer, and providing a code in that text to confirm the transfer.

However, the second I switched to PM, my physical SIM card is not getting service from my previous carrier provider, so there's no way I can physically get the text message. And now, when I try to get into my PM account, it keeps trying to send a text message to the number I want to transfer as 2FA to get into my account, so I've essentially been locked out. So frustrating!

Haven't heard back from PM in 4 hours.... Has anyone encountered this?

2 REPLIES 2

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@nanaroo_17   Just to clarify, you left the previous carrier sim in your phone to receive the authorization text from them, and replied YES within 90 minutes? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nanaroo_17 

your problem is not porting but a the accoount/sim setup

did you try to reboot the phone? and try the sim in another phone just to confirm

if same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here and they will refresh the account and would work
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.