cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

Cindytoll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been waiting over 24 hours for my number to be ported.  Agent called and confirmed the IME number was correct and other company confirmed request with them but needed more time.  That was yesterday and I still have no message from the other carrier that porting is complete.  Now paying Public and old carrier!

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cindytoll 

You should have gotten a text from your old carrier asking you to confirm with YES that you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in your phone. There is a 90 minute window to reply once you receive the text.

If your old plan is a postpaid plan you will receive a refund for unused days before your renewal date with them.

You are only charge by PM once your account is actived.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cindytoll you are porting in, right?  Which agent you talked to? PM agent or old one? you might want to give the old account number instead of IMEI , less trouble

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can confirm the porting status for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cindytoll  Does the old providers SIM card still work ? If so the port didn’t complete . Also it’s best to use old providers account number and ignore the IMEI it’s not needed and often causes hiccups . . Leave old providers sim in phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port to public mobile . I’ll send you the porting team number private message they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.