cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port from Freedom mobile not working

Louis324
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for public mobile yesterday, porting my number from Freedom mobile.  I got a text from Freedom that there was a request to transfer my number to another provider.  The public mobile app asked to confirm for full access, asking me to enter a confirmation code that it says it texted my number, by I never received it, even after asking it to resend multiple times.

Right now, 5g data works fine, and I can make outbound calls and call display correctly shows my old number.  I cannot send or receive SMS or receive calls.  I cannot login to the mobile app or my account on the website because it immediately asks to 'confirm for full access', which I can't do because I'm not receiving the text.

1 REPLY 1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Louis324 

it is interesting you cannot send sms.  But the fact that you cannot receive calls/sms, it seems to be a problem with the porting not completed

Please reboot the phone once more time, that might fixed the problem

If you still cannot receiving incoming calls/text, there is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can confirm the porting status for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.