cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not transferred

Massimop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just moved from another provider. I asked to have the number transfered but for some reason apparently they didn't and now my subscription with the old provider is canceled. 

I can call and have data but if someone tries to call me they get a message that my number is not in service.

The number is ###-###-####

I need to be able to receive calls asap or I will be forced to change provider.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Massimop  - since your number was posted, I was able to find out that your account is indeed created with Public Mobile.

Have you restarted your phone since you activated with Public Mobile? Try this first, and perhaps a reset of the device's network settings.

If still no services, try your SIM card into another phone to see if services work.

If still nothing submit a ticket with CSA, via the method I provided in my first post. Calling the porting number is not your route here, since you seemed to have activated with public mobile successfully.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Massimop 

call the porting support team and they will advise what to do from here.   I will send you the porting team number, check your Community inbox

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Massimop - you will need your old provider's service ACTIVE in order to port over to Public Mobile (unless you are coming from Koodo or Telus, there may be exceptions here).

Otherwise, reactive your old provider's plan and restart the porting process. Either by requesting the port in your My Account or calling the porting number, I will private message you this as we are not suppose to post it here.

FYI, we are all customers like you here - please REMOVE your number and any personal info in this PUBLIC post.

To connect with Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) PRIVATELY - go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

Need Help? Let's chat.