Did you mean: 

Number if rings

JBonnie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I change the number of rings on my phone

9 REPLIES 9

JBonnie

For anyone following this thread…this was the solution. 30 is the maximum (gives 4 rings before answer service kicks in)

Try *61*16475804001*30#
The difference here is the *11 in the middle. Try it without. The 30 is the time as listed by the other user.

hi @JBonnie that requires Conditional Forwarding but it was broken for over a year.  Someone said agent might be able to get it working again if you phone is using VoLTE. So, let's hope that is the case

You're correct @JBonnie, that doesn't appear to be a user-setting here at Public Mobile.

The above calling sequence certainly used to work - alas it too seems to have been messed up for some time.

Please let us know whether the customer support agents were able to amend this for you.

JBonnie

Yes. I’d like to change the number of rings before it goes to voicemail. There doesn’t seem to be an option on the voicemail menu. I’ll try for support. Thanks. 

@Sun9988 wrote:

It depends on when you want to pick up the phone. After one ring is one ring, after 10 rings is 10 rings. Unless you meant several rings before it jumps to your voicemail, there is no need to change. LOL

Good one @Sun9988  😂

Pretty sure the OP meant the number of rings before forwarding to voicemail, however.   It's been a user-defined setting for some time, however now it seems challenging to do with the method above.

There's also a possibility the voicemail box menu itself has user settings which allow a user to set this.  I know back when I was with Koodo, that option was there.   (& Koodo and Public Mobile share alot of the same functions being under TELUS).    Perhaps try that, @JBonnie 

Sun9988
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It depends on when you want to pick up the phone. After one ring is one ring, after 10 rings is 10 rings. Unless you meant several rings before it jumps to your voicemail, there is no need to change. LOL

That's not good. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

JBonnie

I tried twice but got an error message each time. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JBonnie 

Dial: *61*16475804001*11 *[then enter number of seconds to wait] # [SEND or CALL].

For the number of seconds to wait from above  - choose from the following options:

For one ring, enter 5.

For two rings, enter 10.

For three rings, enter 15.

For four rings, enter 20.

For five rings, enter 25.

For six rings, enter 30 (This is the maximum number of rings/seconds).

Need Help? Let's chat.