cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number did not transfer

Paul_J
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new subscriber and went thru the setup process over 10 hours ago now.  My PM account seems to be set up correctly, but my number has not transferred from Telus to my new iPhone.  I'm pretty sure I answered Yes during the process to ok the transfer but the old phone still has service and the new iPhone does not.  Help!

6 REPLIES 6

Randy1959

Did not see a phone number other than communicating through private messages with customer support.

Paul_J

I called the first number you listed and spoke with a live person.  Given how it unfolded, a live person was the only good option.  It took about an hour for him to sort it out but my number has now been ported from the old phone (no longer has service) to the new one.  I had a very good experience with the tech.  He seemed knowledgeable and very positive. The message I rec’d on the old phone said is should reply “Yes” but the team member was insistent it must be all caps “YES”. so on the second attempt that seemed to work.  At that point the new phone still did not work so he disconnected a couple of times to work the problem before eventually being able to call me on the new cell.  

So thank you very much, Softech.  Your input was invaluable.  

CPatel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sometimes, a small typo error in system create some problem. Restart and try again. (Both devices holding old and new sim)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Paul_J 

if you are certain you replied Yes to Telus port authorization test, then put the PM sim card in a phone and test incoming calls.  If the PM sim already in the phone, Reboot the phone once and test

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Paul_J- Do you still have your old Telus sim card in your phone?  If someone calls you, will it ring?  Also, is your Telus account still open?  Normally, when you port out(transfer), the previous account should get closed off.

With your PM SIM in your phone, can you make outgoing calls?

If calls are still going to your telus 'plan', then you need to contact the porting center.  Unfortunately, i don't have the number, but someone else here should be able to send it to you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Paul_J 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can update you the status or  re-trigger the process for you if needed.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.