cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number active without recharge

Guri95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hlo there, I have question regarding my Public mobile number. I am planning to travel outside of canada for almost 11 months. Will my number be active(no services just keeping the number) without putting any money on it?

4 REPLIES 4

Guri95

Thnk u for ur reply. To keep the number active means just the number on my name. No services will be used as I will be outside the country for a while.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, you need to pay to keep your number alive / active / able to use it. It can be suspended (zero services, just holding the number until you put it back in active service) for 89 days.

I assume that you want to be able to access 2FA texts and/or voicemail? Considering that PM only offers roaming in the US (ie you will have zero service anywhere else) I'd consider porting the number to one of the Freedom yearly plans. Costs less than a year of the cheapest PM plan, you can use VoWiFi overseas and add a roaming add-on if desired/needed.

If you are just parking your number (ie you don't use it outside of Canada) port to SpeakOut PAYG (min $25/year).

Guri95

Ok! So its almost 3 months but can just extend by refill couple of days earlier. Thank you for help

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Guri95after 90 days of not paying or unsubscribing from a plan your account would close and you will lose your number. If you put it back to active status around the 87 day (just in case something goes wrong) you should be okay and then unsubscribe for another 87 days etc

Need Help? Let's chat.