cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage setting keeps turning without being activated

tnguyen1979
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  1. Iphone XR: recently i got this problem: 

Imessage setting keeps turning without being activated in my phone even though I tried to activate it. I can't send / receive Imessages.

I contacted Apple and they said maybe the network provider problem.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Humble12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Restart your iPhone XR: This simple step can often resolve connectivity issues. Turn off your device, wait for 30 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Check your network connection: Ensure you have a stable internet connection (mobile data or Wi-Fi) on your iPhone XR. Try loading a website on Safari to verify your internet connectivity.
  3. Verify SMS facility with your carrier: Confirm with your network provider that SMS (text messaging) is enabled on your account. This is a prerequisite for iMessage functionality.
  4. Reset network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset and select “Reset network settings.” This will reset your iPhone’s network settings to their default values.
  5. Contact your network provider: Reach out to your carrier’s customer support and explain the issue. They may be able to assist you in resolving the problem or provide additional guidance.
  6. Consider resetting your iPhone: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to restore your iPhone from a backup or perform a factory reset. Before doing so, make sure to back up your data and settings.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried signing out of your iCloud account in Settings? After signing out, quit Settings and then go back and sign into iCloud again.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tnguyen1979 

can you send or receive a regular SMS messages? 
iPhone needs to send an international message to activate iMessage 

Disable iMessage and FaceTime, restart the phone, after restarting, enable iMessage, see if it can activate the number or not, then enable FaceTime.

tnguyen1979
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it's the correct number, same number for years

iMessage isn't a service that is being provided by Public Mobile. Public Mobile only provides the required internet connection.  The rest is done by Apple.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

is the phone number on iMessage settings correct?  check it 

Need Help? Let's chat.