cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Change

Doeski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my number and lost access to my Instacart Shopper account and it’s a 2 month process for the number change is there any way I could get my old number back so that I can login and do a number change?

11 REPLIES 11

Already checked that first. Not there. 

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

check the unmoderated box, most posts are gone there

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

My post was deleted asking if the OP had his issue resolved. The reason I asked the OP if it was resolved was because my answer was originally chosen as the solution and then it was changed. I'm simply asking if the OP was able to get back their number so it can assist us here on the forums for future questions like this. Thank you.

Doeski

If it was that easy buddy I wouldn’t have made this post thanks for your input though!

HI @Doeski 

i do not agree saying you cannot get the number back.  If the number was from PM when you first got it, and the number not reused yet, you are very likely able to get it back.  We saw that happened.  We saw agent able to help to re-assign the number

So, don't take it as your fate yet, submit a ticket with agent and ask.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437    

@Doeski wrote:

I was just trying to see if public mobile could do anything about it since Instacart told me it’ll be a 2 month wait.

All Instacart has to do is type the number into your account. I would contact them again. 

Doeski

The thing is I got this number from public mobile and I’ve changed it over 6 months ago I had no problems with my account but today I was logged out and I couldn’t log back in because the number change.

Doeski

I was just trying to see if public mobile could do anything about it since Instacart told me it’ll be a 2 month wait.

@Doeski wrote:

I changed my number and lost access to my Instacart Shopper account and it’s a 2 month process for the number change is there any way I could get my old number back so that I can login and do a number change?

Is this because your old phone number was linked to your Instacart account and they send some type of 2FA code that you need to log in?  This isnt' a Public Mobile issue, but rather an Instacart issue.  Please contact Instacart and have them update the phone number on file.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Doeski 

Sadly no. Even reaching out to a CS Agent won't help. Once the number has been changed, you can never get it back sadly. If it came from Public Mobile, it will sit in a pool for 6 months till it's given out to someone else. Or if it came from another service provider, ported in, the number will go back to them. Then will sit in their pool for 6 months. Sadly nothing can be done.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Doeski  Unlikely but you can ask support best of luck 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.