cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving texts

Bugsybc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband who is on the same plan gets my texts and i his.no one else gets my texts and i dont get theres .

13 REPLIES 13

Bugsybc

Nope not yet lol.so slow tho.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bugsybc yikes.  Well, at least you know that there is a resolution coming, and you (hopefully) didn't waste $10 on a new SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Bugsybc

Virgin mobile is showing me cancelled but im still active they have to report and said 24 to 48 hrs !!!!#

Bugsybc

Thx yes i got in touch with the moderator yesterday but it is so slow i need my texts now.

srlawren

@Bugsybc I don't think a faulty SIM is to blame here.  I'd first try reaching out to the moderator team using the instructions in my previous reply.  It's free to do that, vs $10 to buy a new card that likely won't fix the issue.  If it were the SIM to blame, you likely would get no service at all, or intermittent on/off service across phone, text, and data--but instead you're getting reliable phone and texting to some numbers but not others.  This sounds more like a sytem glitch or provisioning error than a sim card.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Bugsybc,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to better assist you in regards to your incoming text issue, please send us a private message.

I am looking forward to your response.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Bugsybc

Already on it just going to buy a new SIM thx

Bugsybc

I can only recieve and send texts to everyone on Public Mobile.i can call anyone with diff providers currently working with moderator.Have had virgin mobile had no prob.conf apn nothing.my daughter who has an samsung and my husb has an apple no problems.

srlawren

@Bugsybc I'd suggest you contact the moderator team for assistance.  It sounds like there could be a glitch with your account set-up.  Here's all the info you will need:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Bugsybc

No he has an apple i have lg3.i can call anyone on any network but for some reason i can on recieve or send texts to people on Public Mobile

srlawren

@Bugsybc by chance, are you and your husband both on iPhones and using iMessage to text each other?

There's really no need to make changes to APN settings.  Doing that can actually make things worse (could make it so that data doesn't work if a mistake is made). APN setttings do not have anything to do with text messaging.  The setting that controls outgoing text messaging is labeled as SMSC.  However, that setting being incorrect would not prevent you from receiving text messages.

An incorrect SMSC setting in your phone would prevent you from sending texts.  Howver, as this setting has nothing to do with receiving them, I strongly suspect that your issue is at the account level.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Bugsybc

When you say "no one else" do you mean only one or a few other people, or anyone and everyone?  If it's only one person or a few people then the problem might involve their phones, their plans, or their service.

Do these people receive texts sent from your husband's phone, and can he receive texts sent from them?

If yes, then the problem is something on your phone, his phone texting works fine.

If not, then the problem is something on your PM plans or on your network-side (PM/Telus) service.

Have you configured the APN settings for Public Mobile on your device?  And restarted it?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Need Help? Let's chat.