cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

Mebourne_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I’m new to PM and I am having trouble receiving texts. I can make and receive phone calls, as well as send text messages but I am not receiving them from others.  If anyone knows what I need to do, please let me know. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Mebourne_   happy that it works.  Enjoy your service

Happy New Year!!

Mebourne_

After messaging with a CS agent, I believe the issue has been solved. Thank you! 

@Mebourne_   Try "Reset all network" once and see if it helps (please note it will delete all your current saved Wifi as well)

if that still does not work, please open ticket with PM Support using Chatbot and have them to confirm if there is any setup issue on the backend

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Mebourne_

I have turned my phone on and off and am still not receiving the texts. I did allow time for my former carrier (rogers) to confirm that I was bringing over my phone number.

@Mebourne_ 

Restarting your phone will not fit the issue. You need to power off and when you power on it should show your phone logo.

@Mebourne_ wrote:

I have received the confirmation texts from PM that my request to transfer my phone number was completed. I restarted my phone and was then able to send text messages and both make and receive phone calls. It seems to be only family and friends texts that I am not receiving. 

@Mebourne_   when did the porting completed?

Which provider your friends and family on?  text can calls from smaller providers will usually come after 24 hours 

But you might want to "Reset All Network" on your phone and see if it helps

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mebourne_ 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off your phone then power back on by holding down the power button.

If you ported your old number from another carrier. An extra step is required, you need to leave your old SIM in your phone and reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM. There is a 90 minute window or your porting will not be completed.

Please let us know for further help.

Mebourne_

I have received the confirmation texts from PM that my request to transfer my phone number was completed. I restarted my phone and was then able to send text messages and both make and receive phone calls. It seems to be only family and friends texts that I am not receiving. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mebourne_   did you port in your number?

are you sure you are receiving voice calls from friends?  It will be a different problem if you are not receiving BOTH incoming calls and text

If you are just not receiving text, are you not receiving friend's texts or 2FA texts (those security verification texts)?

if it is just those system text/2FA texts you are not receiving and you are with PM for less than a week, this is NORMAL.  System text be coming within 3 days.  For for 2FA text from banks, it could take as many as 7 days as they put the delay on purpose to avoid SIM fraud

Please provide us more details to what you are not receiving

Need Help? Let's chat.