cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

9681Jen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Switched from Rogers to PM yesterday. Can send and receive texts with some contacts but not all (they receive my texts but I’m not receiving their replies).  I am in the middle of a family emergency and NEED to be able to communicate. 

11 REPLIES 11

9681Jen

Thank you! PM sent a new transfer request to Rogers this morning and it worked. Appreciate everyone’s help in this. 

9681Jen

Thanks. Tried all of this but it’s still not working 😔

@9681Jen wrote:

I activated PM eSIM. I’ll try removing the physical Rogers SIM 

Yes, removing the physical Rogers SIM card would be a good idea. 😋

Then once removed, go into your settings and choose the Public Mobile eSIM as your primary. Then reboot. If you're unable to find it, let us know if you have an iPhone or Android and someone here will walk you through it.

@9681Jen 

remove the Rogers esim first.  And change Public Mobile esim to Primary, also enable "Turn on this line" for the PM esim

you might need to click Reset Network Settings once more

9681Jen

I activated PM eSIM. I’ll try removing the physical Rogers SIM 

@9681Jen wrote:

Data is no problem. Just tried calling myself from another phone and it went directly to voicemail to my old Rogers message?!

@9681Jen 

Then it likely is a porting issue.  I will private message you the Telus porting team phone number. Check your private message inbox.  (envelope icon on upper right corner of website)

@9681Jen 

@9681Jen wrote:

Hi. I did reply YES to Rogers within a minute. My Rogers SIM card is still in but listed as “secondary”. Should I remove it completely? It’s just weird that I’m getting some texts but not all…

Did  you activate Public Mobile eSIM or physical SIM card?

If it is physical Roger's SIM card, you will need to remove.  If Roger eSIM, you will need to inactivate that eSIM.  

9681Jen

Data is no problem. Just tried calling myself from another phone and it went directly to voicemail to my old Rogers message?!

9681Jen

Hi. I did reply YES to Rogers within a minute. My Rogers SIM card is still in but listed as “secondary”. Should I remove it completely? It’s just weird that I’m getting some texts but not all…

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@9681Jen 

What about phone calls?  Are you able to receive calls? How is data?

Maybe try a reboot of your phone.  Network reset of phone (note this will erase any saved Wifi settings).

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @9681Jen 

If you place your Rogers SIM card back in your phone, do you still have service? When you ported over your number to Public Mobile, did you get a text from Rogers asking permission to port over? Did you say YES within 90 minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.