cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

aernest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I currently have an iPhone 6s. I am receiving iMessages from all contacts who have an iPhone but no text messages. I've restarted several times but the problem still persists. I purchased a US roaming plan which expires tomorrow, but I doubt this is related.

I should also mention that texts are coming from different carriers - rogers, Kodoo. They are receiving my texts but I am not receiving theirs. 

@CS_Agent 

Amy

7 REPLIES 7

peosteve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This just happened to me. I returned from the US about 27 hours ago and didn't get any texts today, and didn't think to check the Community until now. If this is a known issue, shouldn't people be informed about it when their US roaming package is expiring?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shawnmckenzie11 unfortunately, the moderators are off shift now.  You may want to send them a private message so that one can hopefully assist you in the morning--they start at 9AM Eastern time, but answer queries in a first-come-first-serve order.  That said, this issue self-resolved in 12-24 hours, so it may already have fixed itself by the time they are responding to you, but it's worth sending it just in case.

You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

shawnmckenzie11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having this same problem. My 10 day US roaming package ended today, and I have not been able to recieve texts all day. 

Is there any way to get this sorted out today? It's 10pm here and was hoping to get it fixed but I have no idea how to contact a moderator at this hour.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aernest as @ShawnC13 mentioned, this is a well-known US roaming expiry bug.  The issue will go away on it's own within 12-24 hours, but if you need it restored sooner, do as he mentioned and private message the moderator team for assistance. They can push the mobile centre number to your phone to refresh it much quicker.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@aernest, sorry to hear you are having some problems.  I also had the US addon (as with many others) and receiving texts after it didn't work.  Message a MOD as described above and they will get it all fixed up for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Tagging the moderator team will bring this thread to their attention.  Otherwise, you will still need to send them a private message with your account particulars to have them look into the issue. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link. Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Emissary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I assume you didn't just switch to PM, did you? When I first ported my number over to PM, it got stuck and I was in a similar position where text messages were not being received from most carriers (they were going to my old SIM card).

Need Help? Let's chat.