cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text message

johntaddeo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to see if I could recieve text when out of wifi range and sent a test message to my public mobile phone and didnt recive it. I have basic $15 plan but says included international texting?  Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Try sending a message to your own number. That worked for me one time when I was with Telus.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@johntaddeo wrote:

I was trying to see if I could recieve text when out of wifi range and sent a test message to my public mobile phone and didnt recive it. I have basic $15 plan but says included international texting?  Please help!

@johntaddeo 

Ensure your Airplane Mode is not enabled. If it is on, turn it off.

If you are androidDisable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

If you are Apple?

*ensure iMessage is enabled

*ensure SMS is enabled

-Turn off both wifi and mobile data.

-Log out of my apple id for the messages app.

-Reboot phone at various points in trying things, including forced restart (vol up, vol down, hold power until restarts)

-Restart messages app at various points in trying things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johntaddeo 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

@johntaddeo wrote:

SMS doesn't use Wi-Fi. An error message sayiing that the message could not be sent could be the result of a incorectly formatted number.  Also, try disabling.any RCS or iMessage features and ensure that SMS is enabled.

Need Help? Let's chat.