cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming long distance calls while in home province

ahardjasa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This seems like a crazy question to be asking, so maybe I'm making a stupid mistake, but I could really use some help.

My home province is BC and I have a province-wide talk plan. I recently applied for a job in Ontario. Today they emailed me to say they've been trying to reach out for a week and have left voice mails! I don't have any missed calls and my voice mail inbox is empty. I checked and they do have my correct phone number, and I can receive calls from other people here in BC just fine.

Is it possible that somehow I am not receiving calls from long distance numbers, even though I am currently in my home province? Is there any other explanation for this? I feel like this has definitely soured my job prospects ...

6 REPLIES 6

ahardjasa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks all for your help. I managed to get an Ontario friend to give me a test call and I had no trouble getting his call so perhaps it was just a mistake on the company's end - I didn't think about the possibility as I was panicking a bit. I've PMed a mod as some of you suggested just in case there is anything funky going on with my account though. Thanks!!

Another possibility is that the company never did  try to contact you but is just saying that now.  I have no reason to think to that the person is lying to you, but it wouldn't be the first time that someone has said "I called you" (when they didn't) to avoid confrontation, etc.  It's also quite possible that they really have been trying to cotnact you, but that there's a network issue on the Public Mobile end.  Are you having any difficulties receiving phone calls from other numbers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

you need send a private message Click here 

In your message put it, please include .
- your account number , if you have it , or email address .
- your phone number and 4 digit PIN .
- your name .
- Detailed explanation of specific.
- them can help you a lot nice team service

Good Luck

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ahardjasa you should receive calls from everywhere you just cannot call long distance as your plan is province-wide only so I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that for you.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Anything is possible but there is no reason you shouldn’t be receiving calls from out of province numbers. There’s always the possibility they have misdialed even having your correct number. Did you have them try calling you back from the same number or a different number to see if it worked?

It may be worth direct messaging the moderators to have them check into things on their end. Not much else I can think of doing other than those two suggestions. Good luck!

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi, 

All incoming calls as long as you are within your home province should be free. I believe there's something that needs to be looked at in your account. You should private message a moderator so that they could have a look. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link

Need Help? Let's chat.