cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Take Overs?

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you guys offer plan take overs? I've been trying to refer a bunch of people, but everyone has their plans on terms for the next year or so. I know some companies will buy out their plans, but it does get expensive. A couple are on the Telus network, but your plans would still be cheaper. Anyways, not sure if this is a thing you do, but I'd end up getting you guys like 5 more clients. 😛 Please let me know? 

8 REPLIES 8

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Original poster knows all this, he's a PM expert.

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just cancelled my Bell contract with 13 months remaing. With the pentalty all considered, I will just break even by when my oridingal contract expired. But now I have unlimiated calling instead of 350 mins, 4 gb of data instead of 2GB.

Except for the fact that I have to pay a large chunk of money in one short, I couldn't think of any other reason not to switch. I think this is totally worth it.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The average device subsidy is dropping by somewhere between $25 and $30 a month.  Tell your friends that if they're saving more than that every month (and can afford to pay off their balance now), it's a no-brainer to switch now.  I had a full year left on my Rogers tab, just over $350, and with the two lines I moved I'm paying that off in about 3 months.

I had 10 months left of 'WINDtab' left on my phone when I paid it out, and ported to Public Mobile.  I'm already saving due to costs with the Wind Away (roaming) charges on my plan with them.  I've been here 3 months on October 19.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

People aren't really in a contract to the provider for service it is more the paying them back for subsidizing your phone.  People should contact their current provider and see how much is left owing on their phone.  Once that is paid off you are really free to go elsewhere if you choose.  I bought out my wife's phone for $99.99 and made the switch and it will be well worth it!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It wouldn't make sense for Public Mobile to do that, but try to explain to your friends that even after they pay off their contracts (device subsidizing cost), they may still be better off in the long run with this plan and will break even within a year probably.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That would be silly
Let those people pay off their own plans, I could get tons of people too, if PM was willing to buy out their contract lol

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Hey, it doesn't seem like this is something PM would do, given the more budgetary nature of the provider.  But i feel like alot of people are in that boat, stuck in contract, but want this new deal.

In some cases its almost worth buying out the remainder of the phone, as the monthly savings offset the cost.

Need Help? Let's chat.