cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting experience and speed test in south Edmonton

batman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Just ported from Fido this morning and thought I'd share my experience so far- in summary, it's been great.  Ported one line from a two line account directly on activation without issue, took less than 5 minutes after submitting.

Speed test results in my neighbourhood (near Southgate Mall) are roughly ping 40 ms, download 16 Mbps and upload 2.84 Mbps.  Comparatively previous Rogers/Fido averaged ping 69 ms, download 43 Mbps and upload 10 Mbps.  Keep in mind these figures are purely for curiosity, the faster ping but slower speeds have not yielded any noticeable real world performance differences so far.  Equipment, time and location will also affect speeds but, as mentioned, the figures above are only for the curious and not a strong indicator of performance.

Call quality sounds a little tinny/echo-y but is otherwise very clear, no drops compared to my previous Fido/Rogers Plan.  Carrier settings updated automatically for me.

PM interfaces are very straightforward and easy to use.  So far happy with my experience!

3 REPLIES 3

username
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here's a speedtest comparison between Public Mobile and Rogers that I just ran in South Edmonton.

Speed.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am glad to see people posting positive experiences as well.  I am from Rogers and ported 2 phones a couple of days ago and also had no issues.  For people reading right now they are going to think that it is all doom and gloom.  Again thanks for posting your experience and I hope it helps others.  I know it can be frustrating but I am sure PM is overloaded with new accounts right now so we must have patience

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience 🙂 It's really nice to hear.
Need Help? Let's chat.