cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

BillDuggan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred from BellAliant to Public Mobile yesterday.  I responded “yes” to the text from BellAliant asking me to confirm that I wanted to transfer my number to Public Mobile.  Then I inserted my Public Mobile SIM card in my iPhone. It has now been approximately 24 hours since the changeover.  

My phone can make outgoing calls, and it can send and receive text messages. 

However, my phone does not receive incoming calls.  The phone goes directly to message manager, but the message manager is not saving the messages that people leave.  

I went through numerous exchanges with SIMon, which culminated with a process for troubleshooting my number.  When none of the troubleshooting steps fixed the problem, the bot referred me to this page.  

How do we fix this and make my phone properly functional?

6 REPLIES 6

@BillDuggan 

It sounds like a provisional/ backend issue with the SIM so type in Submit a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on the envelope icon above. Staff hours are from 6:00am to 10:00pm EST so they are off right now but contact them and they will private message you back.

@softech wrote:

@BillDuggan   did you try to call the porting support team and confirm the porting was completed?    I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

@softech , thank you. I couldn’t suggest that to @BillDuggan  due to I do not know the porting #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BillDuggan   did you try to call the porting support team and confirm the porting was completed?    I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

@BillDuggan wrote:

Yes, as part of the troubleshooting process, when directed, I shut down the phone, removed thePublic Mobile  SIM, reinserted the SIM, and restarted the phone.  It didn’t solve the problem.  

@BillDuggan , along with that did you reset network settings?

Edit: If nothing else fixes it please submit a support ticket to ask a CSA if your phone number ported over successfully or if there’s provisioning issues. They may not be able to respond back to you tonight where its late but should by morning.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

BillDuggan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, as part of the troubleshooting process, when directed, I shut down the phone, removed thePublic Mobile  SIM, reinserted the SIM, and restarted the phone.  It didn’t solve the problem.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BillDuggan 

to start...have you re-booted the phone with the PM sim installed ? Try that first.

Need Help? Let's chat.