cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

Danielle5368
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughter is with PM, has been for a couple years now. Never had an issue up until the last 6 months. She’s able to call out but can’t receive calls. Goes straight to voicemail. I can sit next to her and call her phone and she don’t get the call. It’s not an issue with her phone as she’s switched phones since this issue started. And she don’t receive calls from anyone. I’ve searched similar post in the community but can’t find anything helpful 

4 REPLIES 4

terrahughes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check too make sure your daughters phone isn't on airplane, or DnD mode. Also check too see the plan your daughter has on her phone. Turn the phone off, Take the sim card out, wait for about 5 mins, put the sim card back in, turn the phone back on. Also check in her settings to make sure calls aren't clicked too automatically go to voicemail (may have gotten clicked by accident) 

What type of phone does your daughter have? I could look up the phone itself for you and see any other options your daughter has incase it's a different setting in the phone 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Danielle5368  - 

What happens when you call her, does it say any messages, or go to any voicemail?

I would normally suggest to check if her do not disturb (DND) setting is accidently turned on, but it is odd, since she has been a customer for quite some time, and you switched her SIM card into another compatible phone and still no calls are coming in?

Are there other Public Mobile users in the household that are experiencing any issues? Thinking if this was some kind of network issue. But if other PM users are not experiencing any problems like this then as CSA to check her account.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA), by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Danielle5368 

Login to your daughters account and check what status is her account. If it is Active then just reboot her phone as per @softech by holding down the power button then power off then power back on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Danielle5368   Please have your daughter to try 2 things

1. Reseat the SIM (power down the phone, take the sim out for a minute , then put it back and power up)

2. Change the preferred network to 3G ONLY/WCDMA only and see if it works

Let us know if either of the above resolves the issue.  

If not, let us know which province/city you are at

Need Help? Let's chat.