cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls from my VOIP phone service

m2kowng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined PM two days ago, my old provider was Zoomer (Cityfone). There were some initial issues with porting my number over, I could make calls but not receive calls from any numbers. I raised a ticket, and the problem seems to now be resolved. I've tested with several phones from friends and family, and I can receive calls from them.

However, I use a VOIP home phone service (the old freephoneline.ca) and I cannot receive calls from that number. When I try, it jumps straight to my old voicemail with Zoomer.

I know this is a very niche issue, but has anyone experience this? Or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@m2kowng 

If some calls are still going to your Zoomer voicemail then your port has not completed. Seeing as most calls are routed thru to your pm number then this could just be a matter of time as your zoomer account will automatically close once the port completes. If it hasn't done so in the 48 hours you should call the telus porting department and/or zoomer to see why it hasn't completed porting?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@m2kowngIt may take a couple of days for the network routing to update everywhere, a friend of mine had a similar issue calling his number from MagicJack to his number that was ported from Rogers (the same network Zoomer uses) to Public Mobile.

If you are receiving calls to your number from other non-Telus providers, I'm pretty sure this is the issue... those VoIP-type carriers need a bit more time to pick up on the routing changes...

Need Help? Let's chat.