cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not in the US

krishaynes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t live in the US I live in New Brunswick Canada, but for some reason because I live across the water from the states I keep getting a text message saying that I need to purchase a US plan, I don’t live in the US I live in Canada, and I can’t make phone calls or text from my phone 

4 REPLIES 4

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@krishaynes wrote:

I don’t live in the US I live in New Brunswick Canada, but for some reason because I live across the water from the states I keep getting a text message saying that I need to purchase a US plan, I don’t live in the US I live in Canada, and I can’t make phone calls or text from my phone 

@krishaynes , I’m shaking my head! That sounds very familiar this past week except mine wasn't a text! I’m in NB also. I don’t live that close to the border. My outgoing calls wouldn’t go through nor received incoming calls saying my plan doesn’t support roaming/not in service! It kept saying all kinds of crazy stuff! I reset network settings, turned off my phone, removed my SIM card for 5 minutes then back on. Manually set my Network to Public Mobile. None of that helped! I had to send in a support ticket for help to CSA (Customer Supported) to get it fixed!

Edit: Odd part is I have not left my apartment in 2 weeks. I’ve been sick & in the same spot! 🤣

krishaynes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, you are the first person in two days to be able to point me in the right direction, I will give it a try, thank you once again

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@krishaynes it is common if you live close to US.  Their network has stronger signals and the phone will connect to the strongest one

Go to your network selection screen. Change it from Automatic to Manual selection and pick Public Mobile and it will resolve the issue

Need Help? Let's chat.