cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy

Dillanmchiasson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Am not happy you change my phone number and now l have a new one the old one was for my business 

5 REPLIES 5

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

Not true. Unless the OP only noticed the number change 60 days after it occurred both a postpaid and a prepaid account will not have been canceled and deactivated. The phone # is still portable.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You're not alone - unfortunately the problem with many of us is that we rush things and don't bother to carefully read instructions before we click on them. I'm sure that you now realize that you should have ported your old number etc. etc.  I think that you are now out of luck getting your old number back.  

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Dillanmchiasson 

If you ported in your phone number more than 30 days ago and your port did not complete (Did you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it?) Public Mobile will automatically reassign a new number to your account once an incomplete port request expires after 30 days as the phone number reverts back to your old account which has not been closed.

If it's a prepaid account you will need to pay and reactivate it (unless it's a koodo or telus account) or a postpaid account will still be charging you for your service. Once you ensure your account is active you can submit a new port request using the change number feature on your profile page in your self serve account.

Make sure you put your old Sim card in the phone to reply YES to the PAT this time.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you sign up here about a month ago? Is your old service still working?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Dillanmchiasson Not sure how that could've happened. Please contact PM CS_Agent asap with all the details to see what they can do. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.