cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting verification code texts

Eduhallal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I have transferred my number from another provider on Sunday February 6th, so more than a week ago, and I am still not receiving verification code texts. For the time being I have worked around this but I really need to be able to receive them when I need to login. 
I have seen other people posting about the same issue, and people have replied saying they should wait for a week, so I did. Now it’s not working and I don’t know what else to do. Changing numbers is not an option. 
Thanks in advance for your help!

12 REPLIES 12

Eduhallal

Just to confirm that today support reached out to me and the verification code texts are now working! Thanks for your help everyone. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Eduhallal 

Ah yes those type of financial business accounts have extra long security wait times after changing providers for 2FA verification texts to be enabled for security reasons. Have you reached out to them to see what their individual policies are on their verification shortcode texts are? You may have to give them permission to start them again after the wait time is served.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yes @Eduhallal , i agree that PM should work toward enabling those to be received.   Surely this would benefit many of its customers.

Thanks for the updates!!!

Eduhallal

Yes they are both from Canada. Questrade and ClaimSecure. I was able to receive the 2FA texts while I was with Freedom Mobile.

Hopefully support will be able to figure out how to add these for me.

@Eduhallal   is the shortcode from Canada?  you were able to receive it on another provider before?  where is the short code from?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Eduhallal 

The list above is a little dated and very, very, very long!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Eduhallal

Hello! 
Just to provide some update, to the kind people that helped me but also for future people having the same problem that may find this thread:
I have reach out to support as suggested by @HALIMACS and he figured out that the short codes from the providers I need are not on the public mobile supported list. He requested the short codes and submitted a ticket which hopefully will solve the problem, I am now waiting up to 72 hours to hear from them.

Thanks for your help!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks @darlicious  .. Yes, you are correct.. I thought OP meant the PAT originally

@Eduhallal  be very specific, what kind of text you didn't get?

did you get friend text?

did you get some short code or not at all?

if you are just missing some short code , which are that from?

or you are missing text from some specific friends but able to get others?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I think you misread the OP's post. It's not the PAT they are looking for but 2FA shortcodes texts.

@Eduhallal  

Financial instituitions can take up to a week and investment, trading and broker type accounts even as long as 10+days. Everything else like uber or Wal-Mart should be receivable after 72 hours. Did you choose a new number at activation or do you have a phone number with a relatively new area code because that is often an issue with  systems not having the new area codes programmed in so they are recognized as North American area codes.

Edit:

Try texting HELP, SUBSCRIBE and/or YES to the shortcode you are seeking a text from to see if you get a reply text from it as that will usually trigger the system to begin sending texts.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Public-...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eduhallal   you are porting from another mobile provider?  it shouldn't take that long.

But if you did not receive any text from your old provider, it could be on that end , too

I am going to private message you the porting team number.   Check the Community inbox on the top right , envelope icon.  They can check what's wrong  like if you missed any information on the porting request , they can re-trigger the process.  It is live support team, call them tomorrow morning.

[update: sorry, read wrong and misunderstood]

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Eduhallal  - you should not have to change your number.

It is true, short codes tend to take a bit longer to 'find your new number/account' after a new activation or ported over number.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*reset network settings on your device

Is this a unique vendor you are not able to receive from, or is it regular banking, amazon, etc..

I would think 8 days would be long enough. But, maybe just a couple more days??

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Eduhallal 

This should not take this long, contact the Customer Support Agents to inquire as to why.

In the interim, is there another method of verification you might utilize?  Perhaps to another number, or through e-mail?  

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.