cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting LTE speed 1 week after upgrading plan

Nowo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I had upgraded to an LTE speed plan on Aug 14, payment was taken and I am still only getting 3G speed.  I had read changes to data speed could take up to 48 hours but it has been 7 days now...

Please help, thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Nowo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys, thanks for the responses. 

1)My previous plan was up and payment cycle was for August 14.  Right now when I log in to my account the current plan does say that I'm on LTE data.

2) The speed never exceeds 3mb at all whenever I do a speed test.

Thanks!

@Nowo wrote:

Hello,

I had upgraded to an LTE speed plan on Aug 14, payment was taken and I am still only getting 3G speed.  I had read changes to data speed could take up to 48 hours but it has been 7 days now...

Please help, thanks!

When you're on the LTE network, is it pretty much dead-on 3Mbps?  If it's 4 or 5Mbps, that could just indivacate that speeds aren't that great in that area.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nowo, did you select the plan change to take effect immediately or did you pass through a renewal since August 14?  If you are still on the current plan cycle, the full speed LTE data will not kick in yet. 

@Nowo, ensure you have the LTE network enabled on your device.  You may have forced 3G previously.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nowo 

You are right.  Usually takes a few days for speed of data to change.  One week already.

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Toggle airplane mode on and off.

You will likely need to contact moderator

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.