cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting 5G

CMMD77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just setup my account.  I am only getting 3G for mobile data.  Rogers phone same location getting 5G.  My phone is capable of 5G and would get it on previous provider.  

I also noticed that even though I am only getting 3G it is using data from my 40GB 5G which seems wrong as I am on the 3G that it goes to if I run out of data.  I also noticed that site and phone do not match.  Phone has always been 100% accurate against provider.  EG:  Phone says I have used 11MB of data site says I have use 21MB of data.

What can I do and how can I report issue? 

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

@JaredC wrote:

Its possible that the 5g isnt in your particlar area.  I would report it to telus tech support.

Public Mobile customers need to contact Public Mobile support (not Telus). 

@CMMD77 wrote:

No sure why but wasn't able to login last 2 days.  Just spinning icon.  So catching up.

I have a Asus Rog 6.  SIM1 is Default for everything.  Insured all software is up to date.  Network Preferrences are set to 5G.  Data test so far has a max of 33mbps connected to 4G after reboot.  SIM2 currently empty. 

Plan is verified as 5G with 40GB.  

Last test ran.  Shutdown.  Removed Public SIM and inserted friends Rogers SIM.  Powered up and got 5G instantly.  Shutdown returned SIM and put Public Mobile SIM back in.  Powered up and got 3G.  15-20 mins later changed to 4G.  That is where it has been since yesterday.

Only guess I have is that Coverage Map that purchased was based on is wrong and Public do not provide 5G to Shediac, NB and Rogers does.

HI @CMMD77 

you should get much better speed even with 4G

But as you said it works on your friend's phone but not yours, so, it is a device problem

your phone should have all the correct bands so band is not an issue

Make sure your OS is updated, then click Reset all networks

if it still does not work well, check if you have a friend using Koodo or Telus or Bell and have them to test their sim on your phone (no point to test a rogers sim as rogers uses different network bands)

JaredC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its possible that the 5g isnt in your particlar area.  I would report it to telus tech support.

CMMD77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No sure why but wasn't able to login last 2 days.  Just spinning icon.  So catching up.

I have a Asus Rog 6.  SIM1 is Default for everything.  Insured all software is up to date.  Network Preferrences are set to 5G.  Data test so far has a max of 33mbps connected to 4G after reboot.  SIM2 currently empty. 

Plan is verified as 5G with 40GB.  

Last test ran.  Shutdown.  Removed Public SIM and inserted friends Rogers SIM.  Powered up and got 5G instantly.  Shutdown returned SIM and put Public Mobile SIM back in.  Powered up and got 3G.  15-20 mins later changed to 4G.  That is where it has been since yesterday.

Only guess I have is that Coverage Map that purchased was based on is wrong and Public do not provide 5G to Shediac, NB and Rogers does.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CMMD77 Don't want to make any assumptions, but did you subscribe to a PM plan that offers 5G speeds?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CMMD77  5G plan just means the speed in which your data is someone on 3G plan can still access the 5G network . So even if your phone is set to 4G/LTE you will get better speeds then that of a 4G plan being in a 5G plan . Do you happen to have a Samsung s20 ? This could be the issues as there no option for 5G network even thou the phone supports 5G and make sure you set your network to 4G/LTE 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CMMD77 

what phone do you have?  Try to click Reset all Networks and check.  Make sure Network mode is set to Automatic

for the usage showing on My Account, maybe a browser cache problem, please use Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser to check

Need Help? Let's chat.