cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not activating

Guylame
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, my Koodo to PM transfer is going very unsmoothly. Please help asap. @CS_Agent 

6 REPLIES 6

Guylame

Yes, and yes. I ported the other way a few months back and it was seamless. This time I followed the process through the app and it's a pita

Was your Koodo SIM card in your device?

Did you use the Koodo account number to initiate the port on the public mobile activation?

I ,too, ported here from Koodo Postpaid awhile back - seamless if done correctly. 

Guylame

It's post paid and I never got a port transfer text from Koodo

More importantly, @Guylame , were you with Koodo PREPAID or Koodo POST PAID.

The process to port here from either of the above is very different given the prepaid system shares the same back-end processes with Public Mobile and the 'port' must be manually done by the customer support agents.

The post paid service at Koodo to here is done in the traditional way, wherein you should keep the Koodo account open, wait for the port authorization request from Koodo (thus, keep your Koodo SIM card in your device), reply "YES" to that text, then put your Public Mobile SIM card in to complete the port.

Here's how to reach a Public Mobile customer support staff:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Guylame

I called and because I never got access to a PM phone number they couldn't help me out...

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Guylame 

Did you get the text from Koodo asking permission to port over? If you said yes and it's still not fixed, I'll send you the porting team number. Check your mail box in the top right corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.