cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive calls/texts

Tanya7477
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone is unable to receive calls or texts from anyone not on the Telus network. Can call out to any number but if that same person tries to call it says “number not in service”. Can’t receive verification texts from any apps so cants access bank account or other important accounts that require authentication. 

I’m posting on behalf of my dad because we can’t get into his Public Mobile account due to not being able to authenticate that it’s him! Please help!!

5 REPLIES 5

Tanya7477

I’ll give that a try before we call support! Thank you! 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tanya7477 

It might not be a porting issue then.  Not sure if the porting team will be able to help.

Similar situation has been report in the past few weeks.

Maybe try your Dad's SIM card in another working phone.  Then incoming text and calling should work.  Afterwards, try to re-insert back to Dad's phone.  That seems to help other situations. 

Tanya7477

Thank you for being so helpful! I will try the support number! 🙂

Tanya7477

In the fall when we ported the number it was working for all calls incoming and outgoing. Bell was still charging him for a data plan after he switched to PM and when he called to get that sorted out that seems to be when the issue started? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tanya7477 this is a new activation with porting?

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.