cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive and send texts

Karan7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I am a new subscriber. I am having trouble sending and receiving text messages. I have been trying to contact the support for a while. I have submitted the ticket as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Karan7

I have been trying to send regular text messages since yesterday, but nothing happens. I was not able to send or receive text messages. Also, while registering for iMessage, I found out that my new phone number is already registered to someone's Apple account. I can't even send iMessages from the phone number 😞 I am not happy with this

hi @Karan7 

you sure it is sms problem and not iMessage?

ask a friend to send you regular sms and check if you received it

also, check iMessage settings for your phone number, is that correct?

Karan7

Hi @hTideGnow

It’s an iPhone X. 

I have messaged the support. Let’s see what happens.

HI @Karan7 

iphone or android?

I think you should ask support agent to help.  Message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Karan7

I've checked all the steps provided, but I'm still experiencing the same issue. Thank you for your help.

Boby_Desuza

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot being unable to send and receive texts on your iPhone:-

1. Airplane Mode:- Make sure Airplane Mode is turned off. It can block all cellular signals, including texting.
2. Cellular Data:- Verify that cellular data is enabled in your Settings > Cellular. This allows your phone to use your cellular network for texting.
3. Do Not Disturb:- Check if Do Not Disturb is on. While it shouldn't block texts by default, some settings might. Go to Settings > Focus (or Do Not Disturb) and ensure it's disabled.
4. Network Connectivity:- Check if you have signal bars on your iPhone. Without a cellular signal, you won't be able to send or receive text messages.
5. Restart Phone:- A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary network glitches that might be affecting your messaging app.
6. Toggle Airplane Mode:- Try turning Airplane Mode on for a few seconds and then turning it back off. This can refresh your network connection.

7. Reset Network Settings:- This will erase all your saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords, but it can also resolve network-related issues with texting. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Karan7 is it working now? Did you try to reset networks? Restart phone?

If it's still not working unfortunately you just have to wait until they reply to yor ticket.

Hopefully they will soon...

Hanicm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try to restart you phone. It might help to fix some network issue.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Karan7 

Is your text still not working?  What about talk and data?

If not working, might want to try a simple reboot of your phone.  Or network reset of phone (note: this will erase any saved Wifi settings)

Karan7

It is a new activation. It was activated close to 8:50pm

@Karan7 wrote:

I am a new subscriber. I am having trouble sending and receiving text messages. I have been trying to contact the support for a while. I have submitted the ticket as well. Any suggestions?

How long ago did you join, and did you port a number in?  Public Mobile did have some issues not long ago with customers who ported a number in being unable to use text messaging.  That issue has reportedly been corrected, but Public Mobile stated that some customers who port a number in may have to wait up to 1 hour after number porting completion before text messaging service would start working properly.

Need Help? Let's chat.