cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a question, just a way I have found to get the usage filter to give me what I'm looking for.

Greg_R844
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The filters are still not working correctly as far as I can tell but I have figured out this..

- Select the date range that you want to look at (say the start of your plan cycle) and leave the usage type to all and apply the filter to get everything.

- Click the page numbers until you hit the end of the time range (the 3 dots just kept going if you keep clicking them)

- Once the end of date range has been reached you can then go back and set the other filter (without changing the date) and pull just the usage types you are looking for.

- You can then change the usage types and pull any other types after that as well.

Hopefully this helps others as it's the only way I've found to get the usage types for a date range.

21 REPLIES 21

Greg_R844

@Timer

Don't waste your time, I found a work around.. it works, I put up a quick post to try and help others, end of story. I'm not putting every companies app on my phone because 1) that is another potential security weak spot (especially based on my experiences with their webpage code)... 2) I prefer to use my computer's bigger screen and 3) why should I have to install an app to compensate for a poorly tested interface?

I'm done now.. you're starting to sound suspiciously like the developer or project manager that allowed the untested, basic functionality to be put into production and now is trying to keep your job..   lmao

i hear you,, but there a app you can see how much data you usages. so why not to install, 

@Greg_R844 

Data Witness PM

\/

Manager: Data Usage

Greg_R844

@Timer...

3 years, that's THREE years I've been waiting for a filter and when it arrived, it didn't work.  Understand?

Greg_R844

@dust2dust 

Agreed with the amount of effort that Telus puts into the site... I'm sure I'd have been fired if I rolled out a system like that for sure! 

I'm just happy that they haven't figured out there's a work around to their filter issue yet.  lol

@Greg_R844 

we need satisfaction in the system not a easy to be satisfied to all customer,, and if found something it's not big issue, then They make it to big to be unsatisfied for nothing worth it. you know. ... contentment and patience are success in everything,

cheers up.

@Greg_R844- I also came from a computing background and I agree, the roll out of this system was grade school level terrible. I would be embarrassed if I were the boss if not removed from my position. But I don't think Telus gives much of any rodents backside about this place and its troubles.

Greg_R844

@softech 

sorry bud, I rushed the reply and didn't go back and read over the link.

Cheers and very nice work btw!  If I was doing it for work I'd have documented wayyy better than I did (kinda like you did).  🙂

Greg_R844

@dust2dust

my bad.. I didn't look that up as well as I should've, I didn't expect what I hope was a little advice to help people to turn into a job... lmao

Greg_R844

@Timer 

Yeah, I retired from working in IT for over 30 years.. preaching to the wrong guy. I've been everything from a programmer to a business analyst to a project leader.. I probably know what it takes more than most.  The biggest "what it takes" is getting on the project plan at the appropriate level of importance.  😉

Plus, I complained about filter issues 3 years ago and they just rolled out a system update that appears to have had very little actual testing and many broken parts.  I'm patient but I also have no problem calling out system flaws and poor software quality control... 😉 

Cheers

@Greg_R844 

i hope so they will be fixed soon but the "soon" ... no one knows when.
but just think about the new system it's so many things inside and there security , IT Technicians, designers, and system checks are more...

but it's take a litte time. to them coming with everything Finished and not forget them have team 24/7 working on back to fixed and if them need to take system shut off for litte time then there also big issue for a lot customer need to do so...then them working so difficult to keep run online it's not easy to just say one word to get through it to fixed, you know. patience is the key to relief. be patience and some other time you will see everyhting is fine..

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This place does everything in slow motion. I wouldn't hold my breath. The earlier reply is much more optimistic than I am.

@Greg_R844- Timer linked back to a post BY softech. He gave credit which is good. But that was softech's writing.

Adding - lol nvm

@Greg_R844 haha.. thanks.. that post you referred was mine.  That was the post I mentioned I reported.  🙂

Greg_R844

@softech   *updated to give credit where credit's due*  🙂

The 2 step process I posted that you did a more detailed post of in this link..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Usage-History-page-Filter-problem/td-p/84... works well, it's just a little bit of a pain in the *** to get to the end of a 30 day period before you use the second filter.

Greg_R844

@Timer 

I'd like to believe it'll be fixed soon but "soon" is relative, a week, a month, 6 months... I did bring up the terrible filtering on the old site 3 years ago and again (July 15th) when they launched the redesigned page.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Data-usage-and-tracking-is-horrible/m-p/4...

Long story short, @softech's  post was much more detailed and if anyone is confused I'd suggest they check out that link.

Cheers

ravish_dhall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

great ssuggestion. Pretty sure its gonna get patched soon as others have mentioned

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Greg_R844 yup, I reported this earlier but the issue has not been fixed still.   

I guess for now , download it all in Excel and filter it after is the best workarounds 

@Greg_R844 

and you know it is just a glitch in the system there is a new design and PM working on it to fix it very soon. 

Greg_R844

@Timer 

Cool, thanks.. I did search on "filter" before posting but didn't see this result.

I didn't use private mode, safari or clear cache or jump through any hoops and it worked in Firefox for me with several different tests.  One thing I did notice was the 3 dots was messed up but the numbers or next links seemed to be fine.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Greg_R844 

Great suggestion. Will try for sure. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Greg_R844 

also if you use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode, then

Usage History page - Filter problem - Community (publicmobile.ca)

by @softech 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Greg_R844 hi thanks for your suggestions I will try them 😀

Need Help? Let's chat.