cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered on Network

Maripin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new Public user. With help I managed to get my VirginMobile number moved to Public mobile but I can't send or receive texts.

8 REPLIES 8

Maripin

I now believe that when signing up as a new client about 10 days ago. I was mailed a defective sim card.

Maripin

No. Not an iphone, It's a Samsung J3

@Maripin 

go to any store Telus or Koodo to get new SIM card.

Maripin

I spent about 3 hours on the phone today with a Telus tech support agent in Guatemala. We tried many solutions and in the end he decided that Public Mobile sent me a defective sim card which needs to be replaced. So much for signing up as a new client with Public Mobile. I waited for 5 days to get a card via snail mail and now am supposed to wait for another card. Public is the worst service I have ever experienced!!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this an iphone?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maripin hi is anything working your data or calling? turn off phone try reseating your sim  wait a minute or two reboot phone 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Maripin    Did you get and respond to the transfer text from VM within the 90 minute window?  You've mentioned not being able to send/receive texts but are you able call, in/out?  

Your other account also needs to stay active until the transfer is complete so don't close it if the port is stuck as another transfer request may need to be submitted.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Maripin

read about  Transfer (publicmobile.ca)

If the previous troubleshooting steps didn’t work, and it has taken more than 2 business hours to transfer your mobile number,
you will need the help of a Customer Support Agent by  Chatbot

Need Help? Let's chat.