cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail or data

roses
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since switiching to Public Mobile I have neither data, nor voicemail.  My plan includes both.  Help!

45 REPLIES 45

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@roses wrote:

Thanks everyne for he help.

It appears that, contrary to what I was told by Pubic Mobile when I searched compatability my phone ISN'T compatable for data.  Nothing like being lied to just so they get a customer.  So now they lose a customer.

That sucks - are you sure of that though?

Which phone do you have? Maybe there's a setting that needs to be changed?

roses

Thanks everyne for he help.

It appears that, contrary to what I was told by Pubic Mobile when I searched compatability my phone ISN'T compatable for data.  Nothing like being lied to just so they get a customer.  So now they lose a customer.

jp2

@srlawren Probably, that's how Bell voicemail was as well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jp2 interesting.  Maybe PM has all the voicemail access numbers whitelisted for zero-rating or something.  Nice find.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2

@ShawnC13 I made the call on Friday just after I signed up to PM to setup my voice mail. I think I checked the usage the next day. I just double checked just now that the charge on the call shows $0.

@roses wrote:

I now have v, but still no data

apn-canada.gishan.net/ , use that link and get the correct setting for your APN.  What type of phone are you using some manufacturers require a factory reset once you switch providers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jp2

@roses So are your APN setting correct?

roses

I now have v, but still no data

@jp2 wrote:

@srlawren I only have a provincal talk plan so I was worried about getting charged for calling a Saskatewan number (out of province for me) for checking voice mails. I tried it and checked usage on my account it shows no charge on the call to the 306 number

How long ago did you make the call and check usage.  I don't think the PM usage is updated instantly,

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jp2

@srlawren I only have a provincal talk plan so I was worried about getting charged for calling a Saskatewan number (out of province for me) for checking voice mails. I tried it and checked usage on my account it shows no charge on the call to the 306 number

srlawren

@ShawnC13 looks like we were on the same page there, eh??  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@jp2 wrote:

Dial +1 306-580-4001 to setup voicemail 

Voicemail numbers are different throughout the country I believe.

@roses, a great site to get the correct apn settings for your phone and the PM network is at apn-canada.gishan.net/

srlawren

@jp2 wrote:

@jp2 if you only have province-wide talk and not Canada-wide talk, you should probably look up your local access number here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

@roses you should probably reach out to the moderator team to check your account for any issues.  Here's the details:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

jp2

jp2
Need Help? Let's chat.