Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sms!

ahkuanlau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@ahkuanlau , did you recently port over from another provider? If you recently ported over, it may be still be porting over from the prior provider and make it take 3 hours. 

Or been with us Public Mobile, and suddenly you can't send a text message. Are you sending a text message with an image?

Granted, when I read your message, is it a typo or you needing M&Ms candy?

SMS allows one to send short text messages only (free, with Public Mobile), MMS allows sending pictures, ring tones, and even short videos apart from long text messages (needs data to send it out). 

If you are a past and on a grandfathered plan with Public Mobile, and that means, you have 'x' amount of sending texts to people, I strongly suggest you change your plan to what we have to unlimited texting. If by chance, you are sending a text message that has video, and you have no more data, I strongly suggest buying an add-on for $15 for 1 gig of data. Whatever you don't use, you can carry it over to the next month until you use it all up. 

The more detailed information, the better, so we don't speculate and help you get to the root of the problem or issue and of course, use your phone too. Please hit us up, if you have any other questions. Don't be shy, we won't bite. Okay, some might! 

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ahkuanlau 

just to be clear when you say no sms, you're not referring to MMS, try turning  your data on even though, it does not use data, the system requires it to push it through. try that.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ahkuanlau What kind of sms you are expecting? Or you can't send/receive sms?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Annotation 2020-05-16 181703.jpg

Yes sms! -S-

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can you provide more information ?  Are you unable to receive or send sms ?  What plan do you have ?

@ahkuanlau To add to what @Dunkman  asked, what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ahkuanlau 

More details are needed.

Which plan? 

New customer or old?

Plan active or not?

Does talk and data work?

Etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.