cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

SJP_Prime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have switched over to Public Mobile and do not have any service.  My port of my old number stated it went successfully and when I log into My Account and look at my plan my old number is listed there as my PM number.  The problem is that I cannot make or receive any phone calls using my PM SIM card. The old SIM is no longer active since the port request was successful and the old carrier sent an email saying my account is closed.

So now I am stuck with an incomplete port and no service at all.  When I look at the phone number my phone thinks is associated with the PM SIM it is not my ported number, it is the original PM number that I was given at activation.  When I log onto My Account and look at my plan, my phone number is displayed as the ported number.

Anyway stuck with no service and I need service to call family as I travel regularily and this is becoming a hassle.  Have been without any service since Nov 19.

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D

8 REPLIES 8

SJP_Prime

Well its been over 9 days and no service.

I sent a PM to the mods, I tagged them in this forum post and I had no help.  No service, no help, I felt stranded and robbed because I paid for service that was not delivered or attempted to be corrected.

I was fed up with this situation and decided to port my number back to my old carrier.  When I went to their store and they said "we got you covered" I wanted to jump over the counter and hug them!  I felt like a valued customer again.

PM you won, you took my money and provided no service and waited me out.  I left and now you collected my money for no serivce you provided.  I will never again use PM.

I hope all others in this forum in my situation get the help the deserve quickly.  I couldn't wait any longer, >9 days was unacceptable.  

SJP_Prime

Hello Zeebee

No service yet, it has been a week and no service.  No comment from any moderator.  No help, just stranded after they collected my money.

I did order a new PM SIM card thinking it might be a way to fix something myself.  It should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.  If that works I will let you know.  If it doesn't work I am going to another carrier and porting my number away from PM.

Zeebee

Hi, did you get your issue fixed? I am having the same problem and was wondering if you finally did get service. Thanks.

SJP_Prime

Another day and no service.

No response from the mods.

No help to solve the issue.  What kind of business model is this?  Nowhere did fine print say "Porting may result in loss of service for 1-2 weeks".  

I feel that I will have return to my old carrier and get my number ported back to them in order to have service.  I will wait to see if a new PM SIM card will do the trick in the change SIM option in My Account.  If the SIM arrives and I have no service with that then I am done with Public Mobile (unless a mod decides to help out along with the hundreds of other people in this forum asking for help in a resonable amount of time).

SJP_Prime

Thanks for the help but that hack didn't work for me.  When I put in the number to create an account, the site says an account already exists for this number.

Another day and no service...

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just a shot in the dark, but maybe the first post of this thread could be of some help:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m-...

Otherwise, you'll need a mod's help to provision the SIM properly.  Good luck, hope you can get it fixed soon.

SJP_Prime

Yes I have rebooted the phone.  Multiple times per day it was been rebooted with no success.

I have tried the PM SIM in another phone and the same thing happens, no service.

I have tried a known working PM SIM from a family member in my phone and I get service but it is that family members phone number.

I don't think the phone is the problem.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If your self-serve account has the correct phone number, but your phone doesn't, perhaps the problem is in your phone?  Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.