cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Kbdr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my SIM card this morning (roughly 5 hrs ago) and I still have no service.

The SIM card shows up on my PM account, showing its active.

I ported over a number from Koodo, replied yes, and received an email from them that my number was successfully ported. And my Koodo SIM no longer works, so the port was in fact successful.

I have an LG Velvet. I've reset the network and APN settings. I restarted my phone after inserting the SIM, and multiple times since then.

My phone isn't blacklisted.

What can I do ??

29 REPLIES 29

@Anonymous wrote:

if still your device not working try to do backup and Factory Reset.

LG always need Factory Reset.

LG phones don't always need to be factoy reest.  It's only sometimes.  Also, the factory reset is only for getting data to work.  In this situation, none of the service was working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kbdr wrote:

@Anonymous I've answered all this in my original post.

@Kbdr 

i put it to you a link how to contact CSA, 

and i think you will getting from CSA about them will fixed the porting but  if still your device not working try to do backup and Factory Reset.

LG always need Factory Reset.

Good Luck.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kbdr  You're very welcome! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

@Kbdr wrote:

@hTideGnow I believe all the questions you asked were answered in my original question, which is why I stopped answering them to you personally. 

But I know what steps I need to take now, so no further answers are actually needed. I've just gotta get ahold of Customer Service and go from there 🤞

HI @Kbdr   Yes, I understand you checked blacklist, but just to let you know the blacklist site sometimes delay.   when you open ticket with PM, have them to confirm, it is more reliable

Kbdr

@BeachNBeer ah, perfect. Thanks for the suggestion. Really appreciate you taking the time to help me out today.

Happy holidays to you!

Kbdr

@hTideGnow I believe all the questions you asked were answered in my original question, which is why I stopped answering them to you personally. 

But I know what steps I need to take now, so no further answers are actually needed. I've just gotta get ahold of Customer Service and go from there 🤞

@BeachNBeer wrote:

@Kbdr  see my other post. Sim card is not provisioned properly. You need support to fix it. Details on my other post.

@BeachNBeer  - humm similar to my post a few replies up....

🤔

😂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/No-service/m-p/762831/highlight/true#M5949...

@esjliv wrote:

@Kbdr wrote:

@Kbdr @Anonymous  - I was going to mention this as well.

OP also mentioned they submitted a ticket higher in the thread, so others posting ways to contact CSA do not need that info. listed as I think Kdbr has that covered now.

Sorry @Kbdr , some user are too eager to help and  like to paste the answer without fully read the thread. 

BeachNBeer

@Kbdr  Public Mobile has no phone number all support is done online. My original post has the information on how to get in touch with them.

In the interim since you're without a phone. Download the TEXTNOW app. You get a Canadian number in your area which will allow you to make Free calls and text over wifi to Canada and USA numbers. It has caller id and voicemail as well if you're not connected to internet.

@Kbdr wrote:

@BeachNBeer bummer!

Sounds like I'm gonna have to either find a way to call them (because I don't have a working phone now) or switch close my account with them.

That sucks, but thank you so much for the info.

Hi @Kbdr   ,  you don't need to close the account.

did you try manual network selection as I mentioned earlier?

did you try to reboot and see if it connects briefly and disconnect?

Or open a ticket wth PM.  If you did already, check the Community inbox for their reply.  They will confirm Provison on the back end

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kbdr wrote:

@Kbdr @Anonymous  - I was going to mention this as well.

OP also mentioned they submitted a ticket higher in the thread, so others posting ways to contact CSA do not need that info. listed as I think Kdbr has that covered now.

Kbdr

@BeachNBeer bummer!

Sounds like I'm gonna have to either find a way to call them (because I don't have a working phone now) or switch close my account with them.

That sucks, but thank you so much for the info.

BeachNBeer

@Kbdr  see my other post. Sim card is not provisioned properly. You need support to fix it. Details on my other post.

Kbdr

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Kbdr wrote:

@esjliv I can't send or receive any texts, or make or receive any calls, can't use data.

I'm thinking maybe something is wrong with the SIM. Though they did send me a second one as well, if I "changed my SIM" from my account to the new one, might that help?

Unfortunately, trying the SIM in a different phone isn't an option.

And I did reach out to public - using the bubble as well as DM. But I imagine noones going to be working for a few days. Was hoping to find a solution before then because I'm not exactly in a position to be without a phone right now.

@Kbdr 

Have you tried to put the phone on 3G-only (WCDMA)? See if it can get connection.

Maybe do a Factory reset after to start fresh if that doesn't work.

Hi @Kbdr   Also, try to reboot your phone once.  keep looking at the screen.  If you see the phone tried to connect to PM briefly and disconnect, it could be a sign of Blacklisted phone.  I understand you checked the blacklist site, but that is delay.  If you see what I said, you should open a ticket with PM to have them confirm if phone was blacklisted. PM check is the most updated and reliable one

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kbdr wrote:

@esjliv I can't send or receive any texts, or make or receive any calls, can't use data.

I'm thinking maybe something is wrong with the SIM. Though they did send me a second one as well, if I "changed my SIM" from my account to the new one, might that help?

And I did reach out to public - using the bubble as well as DM. But I imagine noones going to be working for a few days. Was hoping to find a solution before then because I'm not exactly in a position to be without a phone right now.

@Kbdr  - sure, it could be dud SIM, but I hear this is rare.

Did you try calling the porting number I sent you? At least they can verify there is no issue on this side of things.

Using the other SIM you received and the change SIM feature under Self Serve would work ONLY if that SIM is determined to be a dud.

So, I would go that route last if I were you.

BeachNBeer

@Kbdr  If nothing if working than the sim likely did not provision correctly. Only Customer Support can fix that issue. Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile so nothing wrong with the phone working on the network as it is the same network. Likely the sim did not provision correctly. Below is the contact details for support. If you used a referral code for $10 sign up bonus that will be applied to your account within 72 hours. The holiday free gifts (2gig data / 500 long distance minutes) will be applied to your account in 7 days.

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kbdr 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

and try to do some troubleshoot your device

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

if still not working try to do backup and Factory Reset.

@Kbdr wrote:

HI @Kbdr   Change SIM could help, but faulty new sim is rare.   It could be a phone setting issue.  I suggest to check the phone first

Did you try manual Network selection to pick PM and not use Automatic?

do you have a sIm from another carrier to confirm this phone works?

Was this phone used on Koodo before or you just got it ?   

Kbdr

@Kbdr wrote:

Yes. I already did the network reset.

Hi @Kbdr , 

What is showing on the screen?  No Service?

Did you try to put your SIM in another phone ?  Also, try to manually pick the Network and don't let it use Automatic.  Go to Network Selection and see if it sees Public Mobile.  Select Public Mobile

Was this LG phone used on Koodo before?  If not , you just bought it new?  where you buy it from?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kbdr  - if this is a PORTING issue, check your INBOX private messages.

I sent you the porting phone number to use for porting issues only.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kbdr wrote:

It was postpaid. And I've already activated the SIM card and ported the number over.

Normally these are pretty instant. But it's been a bit now.

And I'm not very techy at all, so this is really quite frustrating 😞

@Kbdr  - you're right porting should be pretty quick for most services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

Keep rebooting every few minutes or so, to see if the network gets triggered.

Maybe you can borrow someone's phone to try your SIM card into to see if any services work??

If you have continued no service issues and you can test your SIM into another phone, and it still does not work, ask CSA to check the provisioning of the account.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Kbdr

Yes. I already did the network reset.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kbdr  , LG phone usually needs to do a Network Reset when change network.  Please try Network Reset

Then tell us if it shows the phone connects to the network.  If yes,try making an outgoing call first

Kbdr

It was postpaid. And I've already activated the SIM card and ported the number over.

Normally these are pretty instant. But it's been a bit now.

And I'm not very techy at all, so this is really quite frustrating 😞

Kbdr

I don't.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.

Was your Koodo account post ,paid or prepaid ?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see the instructions above).If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.