cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

timohincga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to transfer my service from Bell to Public.

Currently I lost connection with Bell, but have no service from Public.

I had no message re installing new SIM card.

4 REPLIES 4

HendrikB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hope you can get this fixed!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

First, let me ask this. When your SIM card from Bell was in your phone. Did you receive a text requesting to port your number? If so, did you reply YES? If you did then the port should have gone through. If you didn't say YES, then the port didn't go through. To confirm this, please place your Bell SIM back in your phone. Do you see Bell on the top left corner? If yes, make a call to see if it goes through. If it does, the port was not successful. If you don't see the word Bell in the top left corner, still make a test call. If it doesn't go through then the port has been sent. 

Now install your Public Mobile SIM card. Like @JRod said, go into your settings, find network settings and uncheck automatic. And then reboot. This will reset your network and try to find Public Mobile. You should see Public Mobile as an option now and your phone should work. 

If it's still not working, then please follow @Handy1 by calling the number he will provide. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@timohincga  Try and reboot the phone first . But if you missed the confirmation text from old provider by replying YES to confirm the transfer . There’s a number for live support that can re trigger the print request for you . Will send it to you private message 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@timohincga 

Have you tried rebooting your phone after putting the PM SIM in? If that doesn’t work I would then try resetting your network settings and rebooting again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.