cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘No service’ when I changed mobile phone

rickie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have to create new post to describe my problem, when I got the SIM card, I activated it online, then insert my iPhone 7 unblocked phone, it shows ‘ no service’, I opened a ticket for support, then technical guy asked for my account information including my iPhone’s IMEI, finally the issue was solved, my PM card works normally on my iPhone 7, the reason is sync problem as PM support said.

Now I have a new iPhone 13, I want to use it with my PM number on it, but when I inserted the SIM card in my new phone, the same issue happened, it still shows ‘ no service’, that means I can’t change my phone for PM SIM card?

I promise my phones are no problem, it works well on other SIM cards.

Now the problem is still be there, not resolved , can you tell me what’s the reason?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

rickie

I bought another SIM card yesterday online, I will try again.

Now I worry about SIM card slot of my new phone will be a problem due to technician guy allow me try again and again:(

@rickie wrote:

My phone has no problem, I also reset the network configuration, I insert the card in iPhone 12 pro, it also shows no service.

@rickie if the card not work on iPhone 12.  It could be a faulty SIM issue.   Maybe get a new SIM and test it out that way? 

When you open message with PM, if they found no issue.  Tell them different phone has the same problem and press them to reimburse you the SIM cost

rickie

My phone has no problem, I also reset the network configuration, I insert the card in iPhone 12 pro, it also shows no service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rickie   It's you again.. Yeah!!

Sorry, just a joke.  It is not good to see you come back with the problem.

For this iPhone , did you open another ticket with PM Support?  Not sure what they did with your iPhone 7, maybe they need to do the same thing on your new iPhone?

(also, I forgot, the same SIM is still work well on other phone as well as your old iPhone 7?)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rickie 

After inserting the existing (and activated) Public Mobile SIM card into your new device, try resetting your network connections.

Sometimes, rebooting the device also helps, or toggling airplane mode on/off.

You are 100% certain the new phone is usable and not blacklisted?  Check here:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

Need Help? Let's chat.